Are you buying the Best of 90-00??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you buying the 90-00 Best of?

• Yes! I have nearly all the songs, but I have to, it's a new "official" U2 cd!

Votes: 61 65.6%
  • Yes, for the b-sides

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Yes, for the 2 new tracks

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Yes, I haven't got 1 or 2 of the 90's albums

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • No, not interested. Best Of's suck ass

• No, I'm getting the DVD, that's enough for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have most of the songs already, U2 have enough of my money!

• Total voters

lazyboy

War Child
I'm really in 2 minds. I got suckered in by the last one, just for the b-sides. Kinda regret that now as it is probably the U2 cd I listen to least of all. With the new best of, the DVD is coming out soon after, so I might buy the new singles and get that(I'm getting the DVD regardless, mmmm...shiny U2). I don't have Passengers, so Miss Sarajevo would be nice, but I have the rest. Then again, new U2 cd, I need my fix.......help!!!!

But I'd be interested to know who is and isn't getting it and why not

Yep, I'll be getting it...for the new songs and the B-sides...And besides, it's an official U2 release, so I have to have it!

Im sure I would buy it anyway just because its a new official release, but with the B sides and new stuff I will definitely be getting it. :)

It's worth it to me for the B-sides and new tracks. I also like popping in the Best Of occasionally, even though I have all the songs on their respective albums. It's a slightly different twist having them all together.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Absolutely, I voted for the B-sides, but afterwards, I realized I would buy it even if there were no B-sides or new songs.

voted for the 1st option

Well frankly I am not a fan of Best Of's in general.I didnt get the B-sides first time around.But when I first heard the CD, the arrangement of tracks in that particular order worked.Even the best of sounded like an album.Usually I listen to the albums so much, that I take forgranted that I will hear the drums after ending of Streets.But Best Of had lots of surprises in this regard.Thats why I still enjoy listening to it.I hope U2 will have these surpirses as well in the new package.

Anybody out there NOT buying it?! Sheizer! Lotsa 1st option people, if U2 were more evil they really could make even more of a fortune with more "official" releases!

That's not even a question for me or anybody who knows me...it's a total given that I will be buying it as soon as it comes out. :)

U betcha

asap...eventually.
I almost didn't get the last one, my friend who owned the local music shop at the time hassled me into it. I'm glad he did. I wanted it of course, just grrr$$$$
so that's a long-winded....... yes:up:
PS: 21 years of marriage lb **cass faints**I so look forward to seeing the Slane video. i shoulda been there...but you've heard that story...a few times:D

Yes and no. Here's my dilemma: I bought the first GH package, because there wasn't any other way to get ahold of the B-Sides on CD. Now this edition of their hits is coming out and I already have the hits from the original albums, and I burned 99.5% of their B-Sides off of Napster (back in the day).
Now, the only reason to buy the cd is because of the two (2) new songs. One of which I don't find too impressive.

Will I buy the album? Probably. But I'll try to wait until the single disc version comes out.

I will buy the new disc for the new tracks probably, unless a single comes out with both the new tunes on them. I actually got rid of the 1st Best of, I kept the B-sides disc and made another disc of all the B-sides and non-album tracks they left off to go in the best of's place.

I really got roped into the last best of for the B-side disc's sound quality. I had all of the tunes but some were taken from vinyl on bootlegs. This time I really have less incentive to buy it for the B-sides discs since I bought the CD singles as they came out. Still, I do appreciate the band putting out the B-sides, and giving the fans the option to purchase them or not.

Hopefully this Best of will be more interesting than the last one. It sounds like it with the new tracks and hopefully new remixes. Hold Me Thrill Me will be a nice bonus as well. So in the end I'm basically just buying it for the new tunes.

Back
Top Bottom