Are U2 fake? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2002, 03:30 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Of course U2 are fake! That's why we all love them so much - because they've been fooling people for 20 years now! Suckers!

I don't try converting people any more. I just ask them which artists they like and once informed, I mock and tease them until my voice is hoarse and they are sitting in a puddle of tears. Then I play some U2.

Old 06-15-2002, 03:42 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho
Of course U2 are fake! That's why we all love them so much - because they've been fooling people for 20 years now! Suckers!

I don't try converting people any more. I just ask them which artists they like and once informed, I mock and tease them until my voice is hoarse and they are sitting in a puddle of tears. Then I play some U2.

I like this method!!

Old 06-15-2002, 04:05 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:07 PM

I don't think that U2 are fake! I think that they are great performers and a great band. A lot of the groups look and act fake likes its all about the money with them. I don't feel that way about U2.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:38 PM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 08:07 PM

As a fan for over 20 years, I can't think of ONE time that I thought this band was "fake" in any way. Try to remember that these guys are human too. They began this crusade when they "were 15, 16....Larry was 14, still is". There are times when a celebraty, no matter who they are, will have their words and the meanings they had behind them taken out of context. They've been true to themselves. PopMart was the result of pressure!...And, they said they'll never do that again, and I believe that they won't. I don't think any of their albums have come on the shirttails of the one prior to it. Nobody truly knows if they ARE or ARE NOT fake except those close to them. However, I haven't seen any indication of this.....and fact, I keep seeing more reasons to believe that they are really TRUE.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:47 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elevatedmole

I don't have the exact quote, but one time Larry (I think? Maybe Bono.. not sure) said that they actually didn't make much money at all until The Joshua Tree was released -- they SAW the money, but never got any of it, and when they did get money, it was split 4 ways. So, they would probably not have been able to live off of what they made in the 80's.

Yeah yeah.. I'm a know-it-all. :P
i believe the quote belongs to Sparky. i have to dbl check my info though.
Old 06-15-2002, 06:52 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Up until 1987 the band probably did not make very much money, in fact 1983 was the first year they made money(enough to buy a house for each of themselves). But after the Joshua Tree was released, there was an explosion in sales worldwide of the Joshua Tree and their back catalog at the time. It was enough of a sales explosion in addition to the tour revenue's that by the end of 1987, the members of U2 had more than enough money to live lavishly without being in the band again for the rest of their lives.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:15 PM   #22
Refugee

some people really do talk out of their arse! if U2 was in it for the money they would of given up years ago! As if they really need to make a few more millions! It sounds like you are wobbling as a fan, how long have you been a fan for? for me I celebrate 20 years as a fan in 2003
if you are gonna suggest U2 are fake, fair enough, but you might as well suggest that things we hear and read in the news is fake! like Sept 11 never happened, the two world wars didn't happen

To even suggest U2 could be fake, you should look elsewhere and enjoy some "fake" manufactured band just to ease your concience, at least you will know they are fake for real!
Old 06-15-2002, 08:10 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 09:07 PM
I don't understand the question.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:27 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2junkie
As a fan for over 20 years, I can't think of ONE time that I thought this band was "fake" in any way. Try to remember that these guys are human too. They began this crusade when they "were 15, 16....Larry was 14, still is". There are times when a celebraty, no matter who they are, will have their words and the meanings they had behind them taken out of context. They've been true to themselves. PopMart was the result of pressure!...And, they said they'll never do that again, and I believe that they won't. I don't think any of their albums have come on the shirttails of the one prior to it. Nobody truly knows if they ARE or ARE NOT fake except those close to them. However, I haven't seen any indication of this.....and fact, I keep seeing more reasons to believe that they are really TRUE.
Well said!
Old 06-16-2002, 03:52 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by oliveu2cm

Of course! My u2 faith was never in question it wasn't a journalist but a friend. He's been a hard shell to crack but I got him for an hour in the car yesterday so I we talked a lot about them! (I hadn't been joking when I told him i could talk the whole way home about this band, and then some!!) His basic gripe was that Zoo/ Pop was the EASY route to take after AB.. sonicallly similar and stuff, which is so odd b/c i've never come across that opinion before.
Quote:
Originally posted by what a bomb!
some people really do talk out of their arse! if U2 was in it for the money they would of given up years ago! As if they really need to make a few more millions! It sounds like you are wobbling as a fan, how long have you been a fan for? for me I celebrate 20 years as a fan in 2003
if you are gonna suggest U2 are fake, fair enough, but you might as well suggest that things we hear and read in the news is fake! like Sept 11 never happened, the two world wars didn't happen

To even suggest U2 could be fake, you should look elsewhere and enjoy some "fake" manufactured band just to ease your concience, at least you will know they are fake for real!