Are U2 as popular as we think they are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about JT or AB days but I'd say they were very popular with ATYCLB/Elevation era.
12 million copies from the album, having a hit most 80's bands can only dream of (BD), several powerful and meaningful songs, a sold out tour...two factors will decide their fate IMO.

Age (as they get older, it will be harder to be relevant and popular) and, touring-wise, Bono's voice (what will happen after 2010?). I definitely see a third decade done, after that, we'll see...I wouldn't guarantee anything.

Mellyinsf, if you combine album sales and tour sales, no one matches U2 worldwide. (Peeling off those dollar bills forum experts can help you out with details if you're interested)

In my mind there is no one bigger, but technically there are and have been "bigger bands", I'm not sure, but I'm thinking beatles, stones elvis??
Bigger is not necessarily better.
As far as I'm concerned U2 has the best and most fans.

Re: Re: Re: Are U2 as popular as we think they are?

Moonlit_Angel said:

For what it's worth, I read an article in the USA Today the other day that talked about the fact that a lot of kids out there today are listening to more older music than they are the newer stuff-they complain that a lot of the stuff out today sounds so similar. Didn't specify U2 as one of the bands that the kids are listening to in the article, but still... So fear not, there's many kids who don't give a crap what the ages of the members of the bands they listen to are. :).

Angela

That's good to know. :up:

And those that do care about the ages of their band members turn into scary 30 somethings who listen to boy bands.

Back
Top Bottom