Are there two version of "Fast Cars"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edgeu22

The Fly
Twice I've caught the very end of "Fast Cars" on XM Satellite radio and I could swear it is a different version from HTDAAB.

Is there a second version (not Xanax and Wine) somewhere out there that I'm not aware of?

From what I heard, the song sounds like the music of Xanax with the lyrics of Fast Cars.

Also check out Canada's All Because of You cd single for this new Jacknife Lee version. I find it less raw and more squeaky clean. :wink: Not a bad remix.

If someone could be so kind as to send me the remix and the original please?

I brought HTDAAB but it didn't have Fast Cars on it. Can anyone clarify which countrie(s) didn't get stinged out of a 12th track?

COBL_04 said:
I brought HTDAAB but it didn't have Fast Cars on it. Can anyone clarify which countrie(s) didn't get stinged out of a 12th track?
Basically everyone but the US got it. It isn't so much a bonus track as a punishment track for the US.

You can get it here if you shell out for the deluxe edition (with the big booklet that looks like a kindergarten art project).

I live in Australia, and thought I was going to miss out on the Booklet and Fast Cars, so I went and bought the normal album/DVD combo (with the normal sleeve and lyrics) for $25.

But a couple of weeks ago, I found the big Booklet/album/DVD combo that DID include Fast Cars. So, being a sucker for U2 merchendise, I spent $60 on a 48 page book and one song. (that I'd already bought as a remix on the SYCMIOYO single)

So, in effect, I've now spent over $100 on HTDAAB, including singles. I feel like I should have felt ripped off by now, but I don't! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom