April 14, 2005 - VH1 All Access: Spotlight - U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitehead

Acrobat
Show: VH1 All Access
Episode: Spotlight - U2
Network: (VH1) VH1
Date: Thursday - April 14, 2005
Time: 11/10c AM
Duration: 0:30

About: VH1 All Access: Spotlight - U2
After a three-year absence from the spotlight, U2 is rocking the world and VH1 is catching up with the super group. After selling 180 million albums and winning 17 Grammy's, the band is as relevant today as they were in the 80's with their mega hit Joshua Tree. Now, after releasing their 11th new album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, the band is preparing for their highly anticipated world tour and VH1 is with them every step of the way. From their rehearsal in Rosarito, Mexico, to the dress rehearsal in Vancouver to opening night in San Diego only VH1 gets the inside scoop on U2.

whitehead said:
Show: VH1 All Access
Episode: Spotlight - U2
Network: (VH1) VH1
Date: Thursday - April 14, 2005
Time: 11/10c AM
Duration: 0:30

About: VH1 All Access: Spotlight - U2

the band is preparing for their highly anticipated world tour and VH1 is with them every step of the way. From their rehearsal in Rosarito, Mexico, to the dress rehearsal in Vancouver to opening night in San Diego only VH1 gets the inside scoop on U2.

That explains why this show wasn't aired on VH-1 on Sat. 3/26..
that's when it was originally scheduled to be shown, according
to VH-1's Rock On TV...
Guess VH-1 is following in MTV's footsteps......
MTV did the same thing back in Sept. 2002, when they were
supposed to air "The Diary of Bono and Chris Tucker...
Aiding Africa"... MTV instead aired the show in October...
( after Bono appeared on The Oprah Show first.... I might add )..

before HTDAAB was released it was around 125-130... i could believe its at about 150M now if you include back catalogue sales...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
bu-bu-bu-but... i thougt there were catorce albums? :sad:

:wink:

Yeah, they were supposed to say "eleventh STUDIO album".........then you throw in the live album and the two compilation and BAM! Catorce!

Special looks like a lot of fun.........here's hoping I'll actually see it as it's airing in the morning and I don't have a tv in the dorms...... :huh:

Only album downloads or the Complete U2

U2FanPeter said:
Are they counting each Ipod as 40 units(albums)?

U2FP

Every sale of the Complete U2 counts as 1 of each album sold. Their back catalog has sold 1.5-2M/year worldwide for a long time, too, which gets lost in the "official" figures. I agree with the 138M figure, although I doubt anyone knows the exact number of sales before 1997, so it's still just the best estimate.

Last edited:
Re: Re: April 14, 2005 - VH1 All Access: Spotlight - U2

MsMofoGone said:

That explains why this show wasn't aired on VH-1 on Sat. 3/26..
that's when it was originally scheduled to be shown, according
to VH-1's Rock On TV...
Guess VH-1 is following in MTV's footsteps......
MTV did the same thing back in Sept. 2002, when they were
supposed to air "The Diary of Bono and Chris Tucker...
Aiding Africa"... MTV instead aired the show in October...
( after Bono appeared on The Oprah Show first.... I might add )..

Why wouldn't you wait until AFTER opening night? The craziness of Opening Night is footage that I would like to see! It will probably be similar to the special they did for the Boston Elevation show.

I imagine VH1 moved the original air-date back to coincide with the month-delay of the tour.

VH-1 has treated U2 fans pretty good for the most part.....but yeah, MTV = :madspit: !!!

Back
Top Bottom