Appreciation for Out of Control and WILATW.. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 08:49 PM
I think the tracklisting is fine. Conceptually, WILATW makes sense following Peace On Earth, which is another underrated song. Most people are turned off by the title (i orginally was) but it's Bono at his most spiteful and (according to Neil Stokes) agnostic. Anyway, after WILATW comes New York, which never sat as "blah" with me. I think it's the most exploratory moment on the record. New York..a really really really underrated song.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I agree that New York is incredibly underrated. I think it's a great song and I'd have thought it ought to be more talked about than it is. I don't think it's quite perfect though but still, a great track.

When the guitar kicks in

Old 02-20-2006, 08:29 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Re: Appreciation for Out of Control and WILATW..

Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll
these two songs are among u2's finest, especially out of control, which was made right when they started out, which is impressive. wilatw is wonderful, sweet lyrics and melodious music. anyone else love these two lesser-known, rarer u2 songs?? or am i the only one?
totally agree with you, another one that I love and that is underated is a day without me- love that song to bits. Along with I will follow out of control and electric co it totally makes the album

Quote:
Originally posted by Chalupa
I never really enjoyed WILATW because Bono's vocals just kinda made me cringe most of the time.
It fitted for me the first time I heard it. I think its cos WILATW seems to portray Bonos growing wisdom as he's getting older, with him having a much more mature voice than before.

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
I agree that New York is incredibly underrated. I think it's a great song and I'd have thought it ought to be more talked about than it is. I don't think it's quite perfect though but still, a great track.

When the guitar kicks in
Totally agree, the song really rocks, it rocks so much i would have like it to have been on the best of album...
Old 02-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
WILATW is ...one of the best in the 00s!
Normally I agree with Zoot on everything and this is no exception.

WILATW is one of the best things this band did on ATYCLB. Well the singing could've been a tad stronger, but it's a great tune nonetheless.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 04:49 PM
Thank you Queen Bee for creating the alphabetized song list on this forum. I had no idea what WILATW stood for until I scrolled through that list.

I enjoy both songs although I have not heard When I Look At The World in quite a while. More like at least a 3 years.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:05 PM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:49 PM
I haven't listened to WILATW for a while, but it's probably one of my favorites off of ATYCLB

As for OOC.. I listen to that practically everyday, if not, twice . I don't know why, but I really love that song.

and I have to agree with the previous posts.. OOC at Slane
Old 02-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 04:49 PM
Out Of Control is ...just too amazing for words!

WILATW, I was actually listening to this song yesterday and I was surprised at how great that song is....I didn't like is as much before but I guess it grew on me. It is a beautiful song definitely one of the stronger songs of ATYCLB!!!