Appreciate The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who needs an Edge appreciation thread when we can have a Gibson Explorer appreciation thread? :drool:

No, he's just the edge of one. We need to appreciate the whole, not just the edge, of the Gibson Explorer.

Oooh, I'm so lametastically witty. :wink:

Back to guitars talkin .... :wink:

PDVD_241.jpg

sg61reis.jpg

lps-gt.jpg

Oh Jesus this last one is as beautiful as a lady naked :drool:

J_NP said:

my bass is exactly like that... it's beautiful :drool:

about Edge... he's not my favorite guitar player, he isn't even close to that, but he's the perfect man for u2 and he developed an unique sound, a trademark sound. I wish he could be more on the front line these days, instead of Bono...

MacPhistoPT said:

I wish he could be more on the front line these days, instead of Bono...

That makes two of us. It would be nice to see Edge take a more prominent role in the band, maybe sing lead on a few more of the songs. I think he has a fantastic voice. It would be interesting to see him and Bono alternate the vocals a bit more. It would also be interesting to see him getting more involved in the lyrics. It would never happen, but we can dream, can't we?

U2Man said:
:yes:

the thing is, bono wouldn't know what to do if edge was singing.

Perhaps he could learn how to actually play an instrument?

:shocked:

its not like you can be busy saving the world and learn to play an instrument at the same time. thats simply not possible :tsk:

GibsonGirl said:
One thing I will always admire The Edge for is the intro to Wire. What a fabulous riff. The concentration you need to play that properly with a delay pedal... It sounds very simple when you listen to it on the album, but it's far more complicated than that.

Yeah I'm sure I heard that's why he stopped playing it live because it was too difficult to play at times.

I appreciate the guitar player that gave so much of U2's sound, and the vocal wingman to Bono.

Axver said:
No, he's just the edge of one. We need to appreciate the whole, not just the edge, of the Gibson Explorer.

Oooh, I'm so lametastically witty. :wink:

:lmao: lame indeed, but the lameness of it all made me laugh anyway

there's a reason I always wanted a Gibson Explorer :drool:

IMG_0504.jpg

:D

yeah I love The Edge. the ending to Ground Beneath Her Feet...gotta give him mad propz for that; it's absolutely beautiful. and Achtung Baby, that whole album is just full of great guitarwork.

wait, am I just stating the obvious here? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom