AOL IM mp3 transfers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FLYNNTASTIC

Babyface
Everyone is always complaining about how hard it is to get bootleg mp3's from sites like UnderABloodRedSky and the such...

BUT....

Have you all ever transferred files over AOL Instant Message? If you have a good connection (not dial-up) it's pretty quick....

How about starting a pyramid type program where we all help each other out with collecting mp3s of live songs???

For instance... I might have Mp3s from a show that many people want... I get a list of 5-10 people on AOL Instant Message (which is free to get btw- you don't need to subscribe to AOL)...

I Instant Message them the mp3... they in turn have a list of 5-10 people who want/need the song... and they IM it to them.. and it goes on and on...

OR...someone can start a list or website.. and people can post what they want.. and their IM names... so if someone has the mp3.. and sees that someone wants it.. they can look them up on AOL IM.. .and if they're on.. send it to them.... and when someone gets what they want.. they delete themselves from the list....

Just a thought... but if some of you web-savvy types out there put your minds to it... I'm sure it can work... and it will help the logon problems with these websites that offer live mp3s....

Has anyone thought of this before?

Am I the 'savior' of bootleg collectors???

Let me be the first to offer my VAST collection once I get it all imported into the computer... and I only collect HIGH quality boots... so there will be no crap coming from me!

Also..perhaps incorporate a grading system for the sound quality...

*clink-clink*

My two cents.... No go forth! ... and TRADE!!!!

:bono:

I've got a really good U2 collection and I'm more than willing to help out....and I've got a cable modem, AIM name: EdgeVox

Back
Top Bottom