Anyone want to join me in Ireland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooGrl

The Fly
Hi all,
I wanted to wait until everything was official to post anything, but after two months of planning, everything is finalized and I'm heading to Ireland July 10th for six months to work!
(disclaimer: for what it's worth, I started planning this BEFORE the studio encounters; I'm not going to Ireland to stalk U2!) In any case, I know there are quite a few other Interferencers who are living there now, others who are thinking of moving there, and quite a few more who plan to visit in the next few months. So.. first let me say, wherever I end up, everyone (but not at the same time, hehe) is invited to stay with me and visit, although I make no guarantees I'll end up in Dublin (though I'm about 95% sure-- there are lots of details that need to be settled). Anyway, the other part of this post is for people who are planning to move to Ireland sometime in the next little while (or are there now).... First of all, I would love to meet you guys! Second, is there anyone who would like to share a flat ? Personally, I can't pay a lot for rent, I'm hoping to get a decent job but as places are expensive I will most likely not have a lot of extra money so I'll probably be living with a few other people-- whatever is cheap, but also comfortable. Anyway, right now I'm pretty flexible, I just wanted to wait for my Irish visa to be finalized before I started planning things too early. Now it's final so... Time to start planning!
So... If anyone is interested in meeting up, sharing a flat, whatever, drop me a line at h_coristine@sympatico.ca. :)

Hello zoogrl!

I believe I met you in Oakland on the 15th. You were responsible for setting up the line for the heart, as well as staying overnight in the line for the 16th. Some friends and I talked with you that night after the show, and you talked about where you had come from and travelled to see U2. It was great getting a chance to meet you.

By the way, I hope you have a wonderful time in Ireland. It is a wonderful thing when you can take advantage of an opportunity like this. I do hope you get to meet the band as well, because I remember when talking with you, and thinking what an awesome and devoted fan you were, and I just know all your dreams and aspirations will come true in Ireland. If you ever have a chance to email U2 friends will updates of your trip to Ireland, I'd love to hear how things are going for you. I can be reached at u2iwillfollow1980@yahoo.com

Again, take care and have a wonderful trip, and maybe we will see you in California again!

Chris

good for you, ZooGrl! i hope that you have a fantastic time! i'm not moving to dublin, but i will be vactioning there this summer- i'd love to meet up for a pint!
smile.gif

Not going to stalk U2?? Suuuuurrreee!)

Ah you'll love it here, and by the way, a BIG TIP, if you're into decent music, one of the best line-ups for a festivel EVER in this country, Witnness, is on at the Fairyhouse racecourse just outside Dublin on July 13/14, so that would be a nice way to start your time here
smile.gif
If you're interested check it out online at www.witnness.com , I can't bloody wait for it!!!
biggrin.gif

And good luck with your move!

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Not going to stalk U2?? Suuuuurrreee!)

Ah you'll love it here, and by the way, a BIG TIP, if you're into decent music, one of the best line-ups for a festivel EVER in this country, Witnness, is on at the Fairyhouse racecourse just outside Dublin on July 13/14, so that would be a nice way to start your time here
smile.gif
If you're interested check it out online at www.witnness.com , I can't bloody wait for it!!!
biggrin.gif

And good luck with your move!

ahh, wow, I didn't expect so many replies so quickly.... thank you :)

spanisheyes, how have you been? good to hear from you!! It's funny, ever since I left California I've been itching to go back-- do a road trip, or something, it was so beautiful to drive through. No more sleeping outside arenas, though, wow, it was COLD that night-- I thought California was supposed to be warm? :) Thanks for the nice wishes about Ireland, and I will definitely email you my updated plans.

Ally, when will you be there? We definitely have to meet up....

Lazyboy, it's funny that you mention the Witnness festival-- I was actually just looking at the pollstar.com website last night looking for concerts and I pulled it up, it looks fantastic! The only problem is that it's over 100 pounds which, when I translate it into Canadian dollars, SOOOOO expensive! Is it really worth going to? Is it possible to get tickets a little closer to the date of the show or do they sell out really quickly? Maybe I should start thinking about this....

Thanks again everyone for replying... email anytime.... :)

i'll be there june 22nd through july 17th- we'll have to plan an interference get together at a pub one night!

hey lazyboy, you up for it??
wink.gif

I've been considering it...I studied in Scotland last year and spent that summer in Ireland...and I miss it dearly. I've thought about moving back to where I worked last year, Kilkenny..but I'm not sure I'll be able to find a place to live...I got back more in financial aid than I expected and I'm considering using part of it to go back this summer...but I don't know where I would work...I don't think I have enough time to apply for a student work visa anymore...

Originally posted by ZooGrl:

Lazyboy, it's funny that you mention the Witnness festival-- I was actually just looking at the pollstar.com website last night looking for concerts and I pulled it up, it looks fantastic! The only problem is that it's over 100 pounds which, when I translate it into Canadian dollars, SOOOOO expensive! Is it really worth going to? Is it possible to get tickets a little closer to the date of the show or do they sell out really quickly? Maybe I should start thinking about this....

Hey again
smile.gif
Well, this is the 3rd Witnness festivel, I went to the first one and got a day ticket about 4 days before the gig, the 2nd 1 was a bit crap and everyone was going to Slane so that didn't sell out at all I don't think. But this one, it's amazing!! Definitely the best by far, so I dunno, could be risky waiting til the last minute. I haven't got my ticket yet but we are getting them soon. And the price ain't that bad when ya think about it, everyone is put off by it cos it looks so expensive, but it's Euros! You can get a day ticket for e60 which is about $50. You can see the bands involoved yourself on the website, and you can buy the tickets there too, they're cheaper the earlier you buy them. I'd definitely recommend it anyway!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
i'll be there june 22nd through july 17th- we'll have to plan an interference get together at a pub one night!

hey lazyboy, you up for it??
wink.gif

Do I sense a piss-up?!?!?
biggrin.gif
Hehe, hell yeah, I'm up for it! Anytime after 1st July and not on the 13/14 weekend
tongue.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Do I sense a piss-up?!?!?
biggrin.gif
Hehe, hell yeah, I'm up for it! Anytime after 1st July and not on the 13/14 weekend
tongue.gif

NICE! ok, we're having an interferencer "piss-up" night in Dublin!! my schedule is very flexible- sometime between june 22nd and july 17th.
biggrin.gif

any other interferencers want to join in?? ZooGrl? Miss Zooropa? mbi16?? all who are going to be in dublin are welcome!!!

oooh, this is gonna be fun....
smile.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
I wanna go to Lazy....
frown.gif

I take it you meant "TOO" Maddie
tongue.gif
Well do then!! Jaysus, yer a big girl now, long way away, just lodge it in yer head for now "maybe goin to Dublin some night around July for a piss-up". Now that ain't too hard is it Maddie? And it's Doooblin, not Japan! Only down the road!
smile.gif

I'm definatly in for a gathering!! I will probably arrive late june early july, there are so many dates to choose from, I can't make up my mind. LOL

Whatever date you decide I'll be there. But it has to be the 11th, 12th, 15th or 16th, right? ZooGrl arrives on the 11th and *Ally* is leaving the 17th and the 13th and 14th are booked for the festival.
What about the 12th, it's a friday so anyone with a job should be able to join.
biggrin.gif

the 12th works perfectly for me! however, lazyboy might be resting up for the big witness festival... can you make it on the 12th, lazy?

oh, this will be fun!
smile.gif
any other interferencers interested? and maddie, do try to make it down to dublin at some point!

btw, i think i'm going to witness on the 14th only- i really want to see oasis, plus starsailor will be playing...
biggrin.gif

YAY for piss up!!! LOL count me in but I am also going to the festival *wonders if this is a good idea* ok I won't drink but I'll definately meet with you all.

Hey lazyboy are you camping out for both days? Maybe we can get together at the festival.

Ally thanks for the invite and keep me in the loop mbi16@yahoo.com

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Hmm......12th?! I dunno......I doubt it cos I'll either be heading up to Fairyhouse that night or the next morning.

Maybe what MB said? At the festivel? And yep, got my 2 day camping ticket today
biggrin.gif
But I dunno, I'm gonna be verrrry verry drunk that weekend..... Ah we're sure to sort something out, maybe a different weekend?

And Ally, saturday kicks sunday's ass!!!
wink.gif

*Looks at original post* Hmmm....going to work in ireland for a while, eh?

*Bizarro connection light turns on* Oh my God!!! You're going to stalk the band!!!!
mad.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
You gave me more to live for
More than you'll ever know

Oh boy have I heard anyone saying WITNESS?
I'm soooo up for it.
Haven't bought my tickets yet (yes they're bloody expensive but hey, it's a whole lot of good bands playing, think of it as paying 5, 10 euro per band or something) but I'm game!

Zoo Grl: I'd love to meet you whenever you're around. drop me a line at desert_rose@hotpress.com if you feel like. I've been living in Dublin for quite a while now and I have no idea what I'll be doing in the next couple of months, but I'm always free for a pint!!!!
biggrin.gif

And Lazy lazy lazyboy... when you coming dear?

Originally posted by Desert Rose:
Oh boy have I heard anyone saying WITNESS?
I'm soooo up for it.
Haven't bought my tickets yet (yes they're bloody expensive but hey, it's a whole lot of good bands playing, think of it as paying 5, 10 euro per band or something) but I'm game!

And Lazy lazy lazyboy... when you coming dear?

WitNNess Rosa!!
tongue.gif
Damn Guinness sponsored mis-spelt wonderful weekend! You going
too?? I'd say you'll be ok getting the tickets nearer the date. Me and a friend just got ours today to make sure! No way am I missing it, all my favourite bands bar U2 and my favourite drink!
biggrin.gif
But my mates are all cashless at the mo too so they asked and saleswoman said there's a fair few left. But don't leave it too late!

And when am I coming......well, depends on the date of the big piss-up I guess! Hey Rosa, you got some floor space I could borrow???
tongue.gif

Anyone wanna take the bull by the horns and sort out this piss-up? It's gonna be tricky keeping everybody happy..

WitNNess, yeah!!! lol sorry brian I knew the mis-pelt thing, just can't type properly. I remember last year before Xmas there was this Witness party at the Ambassador with Pulp headlining (they were fecking awsome btw) and Jarvis said the name should be wittnnesh, something about getting pissed and starting witnnessssssshing your own shoes... lmao at that one.

And yes, there's always some floor space at my place! lol we've been organizing some funny parties lately (ask catdubh, zoomII...) and I'm getting used to wake up in the morning and notice a few people scattered all over the living room
wink.gif

As for the piss-up... yeah yeah yeah let's get things organized!
smile.gif

Lol@the Jarvis thing, man, used to love Pulp, they gone all quiet lately. Glad to hear they still rockin! And cheers for the offer of the floor!
biggrin.gif

Sure I'll sort somethin out if anythin does materialise with this thing, but nice to have a bit of quality floor just in case!
smile.gif

Puttin all my plans into Witnness for now though
biggrin.gif
.........oh and those feckin exam things...........blarghy...bring on the summmmmmmmmmmerrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Diemen- Me? Stalk the band? Never... *lol* No, seriously though...although I obviously *thought* about U2 when I was planning this, I didn't actually realize that I might meet them there until the reports from LemonBoy and Mullen-Girl started coming in last week.

Desert Rose: I'll email you soon! I just got home from a trip to NYC last night, I'm catching up on everything.

lazyboy, thanks again for the Witnness info. I'm getting really interested in going, I'm just going to have to pay for my plane ticket and see how much is left over, then I'll make final decisions. :)

Ally & everyone else: yes! we must meet up for a piss up (is that a noun or a verb? *lol*), the 12th is good for me, although I'll be recovering from jet lag... but what better way to recover than getting exremely drunk?
wink.gif
I'm pretty flexible too, though.

[This message has been edited by ZooGrl (edited 05-13-2002).]

Ok, peeps, let's get this piss up organized!
biggrin.gif
since it looks like most, if not all, of us are doing Witness, perhaps the 12th is a bit crazy.
frown.gif
hmmmm... Anyone have any other suggestions for dates? Perhaps we could do it the thursday before witnness (the 11th), but i think that's the day Zoogrl arrives, so that might not work, b/c we *definitely* need to include her... well, i guess we could always do TWO piss ups, that way everyone who wants to should be able to attend...

suggestion: we could do one for the 12th (or sometime around then), and also perhaps one a little earlier in the summer.
smile.gif
my friends and i will be getting there on june 22nd, and so we'll be very excited to meet other people in dublin! would anyone be up for a gathering in say late june AS WELL as the one that ZooGrl has organized for around july 12th?

i am so looking forward to meeting you all! and glad that you all like to party as well!! (woohoo, Desert Rose!!)
biggrin.gif

and btw, lazy, Day 2 KICKS ARSE!!! you know it!
wink.gif
just wait till you see gwen and no doubt, then oasis, basement jaxx, starsailor... *swoon* cannot wait!!
smile.gif

Ahhhh! You've all convinced me, I'm gonna go to Witnness... I'm going to be broke but I think it's worth it.
Mmm, Ally, good suggestion about two piss ups (lol-- this is becoming my favorite word)-- while I could do it July 11th I'm probably going to be so jet lagged that I'd fall asleep before consuming any alcohol!! Maybe a few highly caffinated Irish coffees would be in order ;-) But really, I'd like to meet you all so whatever day is best is good for me. Is the 12th ok or did we establish that it didn't work for anyone?

Augh... I started cleaning my room today, I'm not going to be moving my furniture but all my personal stuff has to go when I leave and I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated here since last August. Moving is going to be a big job, grr.

BTW I've been meaning to email everyone personally, I'm still in the process of unpacking from my trip last weekend to NYC (which as I mentioned, turned into a full-scale cleaning operation); I will email you all soon!

LMAO... I don't believe this. I'm looking for flats in Dublin on the daft.ie site, and one pops up, it's located really close to the Principle office, then I see this:

"Area: Dublin 2, Dublin City
Type: Apartment to let
Summary: 2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
furnished
Rent: ?1150 monthly
Description:
THE WINDMILL, WINDMILL LANE. Stunning two bedroom ground floor apartment in walking distance to City Centre. Accommodation comprises of two double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes, livingroom/diningroom, modern fitted kitchen and main bathroom. Features are, double glazing windows, fully furnished, NTL in livingroom and master bedroom, Eircom, fully alarmed, wood floors throughout, tiled bathroom floor, balcony area, walking distance to local amenities and City Centre. Suits 2/3 professionals. Available immediately. For viewing call Jason on numbers below...
Date Entered: 14/5/02 (yesterday)"

Windmill Lane!!! Geez, now I *am* starting to feel like I'm stalking the band! *lol* ;-)

Late june is good for me too. Just let me know and I will make sure to have arrived in time.

I will probably do Witnness too.

You should know that it feels SOOOO good to be this flexible. Don't know when that happened last, if it ever has happened.
smile.gif
Life is just a long list of plans, plans, plans and now I have nothing.... LOL

And Hay, I know the feeling about cleaning and packing. Remember I have my life spread in TWO apartments and one store and I have to move my furniture too... Oh my gosh... and sell my car and, and, and...
biggrin.gif
Thank God everything is arranged with my horse so I can relax on that part.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ZooGrl:
I'm looking for flats in Dublin on the daft.ie site, and one pops up, it's located really close to the Principle office, then I see this:

"Area: Dublin 2, Dublin City
Type: Apartment to let
Summary: 2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
furnished
Rent: ?1150 monthly
Description:
THE WINDMILL, WINDMILL LANE.

Heya Zoo Grl,

Windmill Lane Apartments are quite nice but fecking expensive! Just thought I should let you know... got a couple of friends living there and they're kinda moving out cause they can't afford the rent!

Bah North side is so much better... and cheaper...
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom