anyone see PJ Harvey at the Electric Factory in Philly saturday night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was at the PJ gig last night at the electric factory in philly and was just wondering if anyone in here was there? she put on a great show and i can honestly say i'm getting hooked on her. i saw a few people wearing U2 shirts but didn't get a chance to talk to em'. if anyone here was there last night......we were the group of people that were holding up the yellow paper fish!!

------------------
"Emancipate urself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds" -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"
"My idea of democracy is everybody gets their say then they do what i say" -Bono 1993

YEP,
I was there and I saw the fish! Very cool idea! I had not heard anything by PJ Harvey until I saw her open for U2 in Pittsburgh back in May. I saw her 4 times with U2 and last night. She really is an amazing artist, and her songs have a lot of energy and passion. She's a great musician and vocalist. I'm becoming a bigger fan everyday and think everyone here should check her stuff out. I got 3 albums now, and need to get more. There are several songs that I don't have yet that she played last night that were awesome.
I think PJ should play for 2 hours, she definitely has enough material to do so. Also EF is a cool place to see a show.

yeah, sting, i can't believe she only played for 90 minutes. i'm really starting to fall in love with her music. i loved the song "lick my legs" (i'm not sure if that's the name of the song but you know the one i'm talking about where it's just her singing and playing the guitar).

------------------
"Emancipate urself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds" -Bob Marley "Redemption Song"
"My idea of democracy is everybody gets their say then they do what i say" -Bono 1993

The "lick my legs" song is called "Rid of Me," and it's off her album of the same name.

I WISHED I could have seen PJ again, but she's not coming anywhere near Pittsburgh this time 'round. (I would drive all the way to Philly to see U2, but probably nobody else....)

I did get to see Ben Folds yesterday (who RAWKED!!! the new album should be terrific) as well as a tremendous local band called Boxstep (http://www.boxstepmusic.com) on Saturday night. But I still would have liked to see PJ again...

Back
Top Bottom