Anyone remember Nicamom & her website with photos of fellow Interferencers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

I was just cleaning up my favorites in my internet explorer when I came across an old website that I used to go to:

http://www.geocities.com/u2j33_3

that was set up by an Interferencer that I hadnt seen here for ages, Nicamom who I think is a cool gal even though I havent met her yet so does anyone know what happened to her?

Anyway, some faces in the photos still use the same username here in this forum like HelloAngel - you look grrrrrrreat! :wink: BostonAnne, Oliveu2cm, Mrs Edge and for guys, its the likes of Blue Room, skeek, the Wanderer and so on....

So get nostalgic and have a wee look at what you looked like back in 2001 when it was first set up!

dougal

Nicamom left a while back? really? oh thats a shame..... I remember her coming here so many times with her wit in her posts when it was first set up but I dunno what happened as I seem to have drifted off interference for quite a while so I must have missed out on what happened when she left.... till I came back recently...

oh well.....hope shes fine and well, listening to U2 somewhere!

dougal

of course I remember
she was called the "den mother"...we were an unruly bunch of cubs back then. She did an excellent job with our pics, the layout, choosing a colour and font for us all. A labour of love

David...you can't claim 'Really old' status just quite yet. :laugh:

makes me wonder dougall...did you ever see the birthday pic I photo-shopped for you? It's not that marvellous, but I still have a chuckle when I see it in my file.

cass....

can you remind what picture was that you photoshopped for me? i cant recall that I did so it would be great if you could post it here so I can see it for myself....just hope its not anything embarassiing! lol

dougal

Yeah, I was one of the early ones on her page. But I got disinterested with the same old discussions, over and over (sound familiar?) and disappeared for the most part until just a few days ago. Hey, who reset my post count while I was away?!??

I remember getting in heated debates when the band announced the Elevation tour. People were petitioning the band to NOT make the heart general admission, believe it or not. People were jumping to conclusions, worried that the system would cause Who-like stampedes. Of course, nothing of the sort happened, and it turned out to be one of the band's most brilliant moves.

I also remember some sort of asinine "protest" with a bunch of people sitting down on the floor during the first Boston show for some reason or another (didn't want to be on camera or something?) Anyway, it probably took just a little bit off the band's performance, and that may have affected their performance on the DVD. We'll never know, and people soon had bigger issues to worry about when 9/11 came along.

I was thinking the other day about--if I'm remembering this right--some sort of "band visiting the forums" hoax back in late 2000, early 2001. It was quickly covered up and spirited away by the mods at the time, but I remember a lot of accusations, people vowing never to come back, etc. I remember thinking "this is a lousy way for the site to try to get publicity." Flash forward four years, and, well, you know...

Wow, the good ol' days of the Intranets. Good times, good times.

nicamom is awesome. itd be interesting to hear her thoughts on interference at present.

i had forgotten about the boston protest.

:lol: picture of me and my teddy :reject: My Larry bear :D (I was like 17 in that pic) Woooooo how i've changed

Nicamom :( I saw her the other day when we were looking at the elevation VH1 thingie...she was in that and I was like awwwwwwww Nicamom :(

something to do with the production crew hand picking those that would stand along the edges of the inner heart.

i imagine the theory follows that 'attractive' people were chosen for the cameras (that was one of the dvd nights wasn't it? was it also the nba night?)

sixtoe said:
Yeah, I was one of the early ones on her page. But I got disinterested with the same old discussions, over and over (sound familiar?) and disappeared for the most part until just a few days ago. Hey, who reset my post count while I was away?!??

I remember getting in heated debates when the band announced the Elevation tour. People were petitioning the band to NOT make the heart general admission, believe it or not. People were jumping to conclusions, worried that the system would cause Who-like stampedes. Of course, nothing of the sort happened, and it turned out to be one of the band's most brilliant moves.

I also remember some sort of asinine "protest" with a bunch of people sitting down on the floor during the first Boston show for some reason or another (didn't want to be on camera or something?) Anyway, it probably took just a little bit off the band's performance, and that may have affected their performance on the DVD. We'll never know, and people soon had bigger issues to worry about when 9/11 came along.

I was thinking the other day about--if I'm remembering this right--some sort of "band visiting the forums" hoax back in late 2000, early 2001. It was quickly covered up and spirited away by the mods at the time, but I remember a lot of accusations, people vowing never to come back, etc. I remember thinking "this is a lousy way for the site to try to get publicity." Flash forward four years, and, well, you know...

Wow, the good ol' days of the Intranets. Good times, good times.

I wouldnt call the general admission concept a brilliant move. It was a good move from a ticket pricing perspective and really that is about it IMO. I was one of those that was against it. My reasoning was though that Propaganda put most fans up front anyway and with reserved seating you didnt have to worry about camping out all day and/or the pushing and shoving (that occured outside the heart nightly). Not to mention that things did not always go smoothly. A girl was hurt at the San Diego show because of the crush of people rushing to get a good spot. Atlanta there was a near riot when secondary doors were opened prior to the primary doors and people from the back of the line were admitted before some in the front. There were similiar occurrences at alot of the shows. Overall it went ok, but I dont think it was a glorious situation that came off without a hitch. ALL of these problems other than pricing would have been averted with reserved seating.

Speaking of the Boston situation. It was actually the GA camping out concept that caused that problem overall. People camped out overnight to be up front. People in the U2 organization decided to get fresh faces for the front so they took about a hundred fans from the middle and back of the GA line and let them in ahead of those that camped out in the front all night. So when those up front got in the entire heart was already lined with people. They were upset and had their sit down protest as a result. The interesting part was that they were fans that had gone to many shows, been up front several times, and they were STILL in the heart!! An overblown spectacle. Would I have been mad? Sure. Would I have had a sit down protest while U2 was playing and I was STILL in the heart. NO WAY!

I remember the "band" posting issue also. I was one of those that was vocal about that crap. It is amazing considering the current situation. Whats bad is that I was actually believing it the 2nd time knowing about the first time!

Anyway, this thread is getting way off topic.

Last edited:
Like a lot of you I was a regular during all the hype in 2000-2001 and only in the past month or two have returned to the site on a more frequent basis. Nice to see some old familiar faces here although there's some people I really miss! Nicamom, Bonovista, the Wanderer, Zooropamanda (where are you Amanda??)...

Last edited:
sixtoe said:

:huh:

You are saying it's fake AGAIN?

Back
Top Bottom