Anyone NOT skip songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Having read a number of threads about disliking songs on here I wondered if there are any others who can genuinely say they will listen to a whole album straight through? Some people on here state their strong dislike for songs. There are some I dont like as much as others but I enjoy ALL the songs on ALL the albums.

yeah, I just like listening to an album start to finish. What it's for...

I believe ya Blah. Wat is more unbelievable is that someone would sit through a song they dont like just coz its u2. Not even I would do that and am as mad as a brush!

Last edited:
No I actually do that, U2 are my favourite band, and I can but skip a U2 song, because most grow on me after a while, but I am still waiting for Grace to do that.

Haha!

This may be hard to fathom, but there isn't actually a U2 song I don't like, really...it's that simple yet that unbelievable :| They're just one of those bands...all these songs everyone SEEMS to hate (Miami, Refugee, Red Light) I love just as much as the rest of them and love listening to them in between all the 'major' tracks!

I'm impressed that you can do that! Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to listen to some of their turds - just don't do nuthin for me :shrug:

albums I'll listen straight through:

Boy
Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop

that's a lot...I don't usually, cos I dont usually have time to listen through a whole album, but I'll put these on in the background if I'm doing something and never have the urge to skip :shrug:

I listen to Boy, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa and HTDAAB all the way through. All the other albums have a song or two that I routinely skip.

It depends...sometimes I'll listen to an album all the way through, sometimes not. I almost always listen to Pop because it's my favourite album ever. Boy doesn't really have anything worth skipping, imo, and I never had a problem with Red Light so I usually listen to War in whole. I think it just depends on if I feel like putting on some music, or if I feel like listening to an album. I can't explain it. Anyway, there's no U2 songs I can't stand, just some that aren't as exciting as others.

I almost never skip, unless someone else is listening, then I skip the most embarrassing songs (but that never happens anyway), or if I'm in an impatient mood. I don't skip, because I think that if a song seems poor and U2 put it on the album anyway, then there must be something good about it and it must have some significance to the progression of the whole thing (this doesn't apply so much to Rattle and Hum; that thing has no progression).
And I want to give it a chance to grow on me. I HATED "The Refugee" the first few times I heard it, but now I think it's just kinda silly. And I thought "One Step Closer" was lame, but now I think it's really beautiful and has good imagery.

Boy and War are the 2 I don't skip.

Occasionally I'll skip "I Fall Down" off October, but the rest of it I listen to.

Occasionally I'll skip "Crumbs" *ducks,* but everything else on "How to" I listen to all the way.

Boy: I don't skip
October: I skip almost all
War: Refugee and Red Light most of the times
UF: 4th of July
Joshua Tree: I don't skip
Rattle&Hum: Love Rescue Me, When Love Comes to Town, Desire, live songs, covers... I always skip some of them
Achtung: So Cruel
Zooropa: DGPFYCC, The Wanderer
Pop: I don't skip
ATYCLB: Stuck in a moment, Grace
HTDAAB: sometimes All Because of You and A man and a woman but rarely

Back
Top Bottom