Anyone miss Popmart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I love the Elevation. But for some reason I think Popmart was such a great tour. I thought the setlist of the Popmart was U2's best. They played 7-10 songs from Pop and covered most of their hits. The thing I used to get really get hype for about Popmart was where they played. Israel, Sarajevo, etc. To think, people saw Popmart with all of its lights, lemons, etc. in the middle of no where under the stars. Elevation rocks, but I do miss dancing to the Popmart.

I thought Popmart was great! I think it got and still gets a bad rap from some fans and the media that it did not deserve at all. I preferred it to Zoo TV. Most people disagree with me on that one.

Better than Elevation though?? I will have to disagree on that one. I think Elevation is better because it is about the music and the 4 of them playing together and not the glitz and production. I guess for that reason it really is hard to compare them also as they are completely different.

Hehe, think I've said this before, but yesssssssss! I miss Popmart!!
frown.gif

Loved it, love it, proobably my fave, but like Blue Room says, it's hard to compare to Elevation.

Anyway, I loved it, and yes I miss it heaps!

I saw both ZooTV, Popmart and Elevation...

Elevation quite simply pissed all over Popmart. It was also better than Zoo, but just barely...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by the olive:
Or if you were at Popmart Vancouver or Seattle you saw Bono with NO hair. It was kind of strange actually. Sweaty bald head and all.

Now thats going a little too far!
eek.gif

Someone please steal B's razor to ensure he doesn't ever do that again!
Gk72910.jpg

*runs off screaming*

I missed Popmart! I wasn't a fan at the time
eek.gif

I think it was brilliant that they took risks and played in places no other bands wouldn't go. Glad they thought fans in Eastern Europe deserved the right to see them live as much as fans in NA.

Also I would have loved to see Bono in the flesh with short hair *drools*
so63949.jpg

Popmart the best setlist? No way! Edge-Karaoke, Miami and the worst Bullet-version ever in a row!

I don't miss Popmart. It was OK and I liked it but ZOO TV and Elevation were/are much better.

Originally posted by wireman:

that just sounds funny

hehe...oops!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

What about 3rd Leg POPMart -- instead of the karaoke, we have the Edge doing Sunday Bloody Sunday ON HIS OWN.

Beyond that, the excess was very nice.
biggrin.gif

I think Elevation was more moving, but POPMart was very good, definitely better than the criticism it generated.

Originally posted by Henne:
Popmart the best setlist? No way! Edge-Karaoke, Miami and the worst Bullet-version ever in a row!

Well it depends which gig you saw, popmart seemed to differ greatly, and definitely got much much better as it went along. 2 of your criticisms didn't apply to Popmart in Mexico for instance, and IMO Bullet-popmart was totally feckin class!!!!!

And the gig I was at, Popmart in Dublin, sure, we had Miami(which I thought was pretty cool), and karaoke, but feck, I wouldn't have swapped that particular karaoke for anything!! Whiskey in the Jar
biggrin.gif
45,000 Irish people and the Edge SCREAMING it out, I tell ya, it was something special
smile.gif
Not at all a bad thing to have in there!

I do miss pop mart! I missed all the those songs from "POP" album. I saw ZooTV but was too young to appreciate it! hehehehe. POP Mart was cool, but Elevation is just more ..how can I say it.... intimate!
tongue.gif
But I so miss the whole stage and the Lemon and all the costumes.... The set list was ok,but WOWY just sounded bad though! Overall, POP Mart was cool!
cool.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by notiti:

I really did love Popmart and I do miss it because I did like the really expansive set list, but I really don't think you can even compair it to Elevation, they were two completly different types of concerts, and bot tour ruled.

I definitely agree. I hate comparing concerts because they have all been so different! But yes, the expansive set list for POP was just awesome. Elevation set list is ok, but not as expansive. The atmosphere of the POP concert was just totally out of this world though. It was just amazing. Again, I'm only going by concerts and the music not the the rest of the POP contro.
cool.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Popmart was the bomb diggity. I do agree that it gets a really bad rap with alot of people for no reason, it ruled end of story. It was also my first U2 show though, so I am a little nostalgic. I saw it in Seattle too, so Bono walks out and all the girls kind of gasp, the first thing he says is "Don't worry it'll grow back..."
I really did love Popmart and I do miss it because I did like the really expansive set list, but I really don't think you can even compair it to Elevation, they were two completly different types of concerts, and bot tour ruled.
I still regret that I wasn't old enough to go to ZooTV though, I consider it the BEST tour, regaurdless of weather or not I was there.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

Nope. Not a bit. Never liked it. Elevation is much better, ZOO TV ruled and the 80's rocked. Popmart sucked. I hated it. And Bono looks much better with hair. So flame me.

*Must wash Pop pics out of eyes*
FB29102.jpg

Ah, that's better.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-05-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom