anyone know anyone from dc or new york?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pablo (U2@NYC) is in NY and works in the financial district - I've put another post out asking him to check in. I don't know anyone else in NY but there are quite a few in DC.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

My aunt drives into New York everyday for her job. I haven't been able to reach her yet, but I have faith that she is ok.
I pray that everyone's loved ones are safe.
Zoomeranger that is very scary that your aunt works there, I'm glad she is alright.

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 09-11-2001).]

yes, I know of several people who work(ed) in the Pentagon/WTC (not really close friends or family, except one)

I have no idea if they are ok

my prayers are with them and everyone else who worked in and around these places

Please keep my brother in your prayers. I have been trying all afternoon to get a hold of him in NY. Also I have a cousin who works in the City, and no word about him either.

i know someone over there too, does any of you know manhattan a bit? could u tell me whether barnard college is anywhere near the WTC?

Shirley,
Barnard College is on Broadway in upper manhattan - and is at least 8 miles from the World Trade Center, so I should think your friend would be ok.
Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

thanks.. im very glad to hear that.. b/c we couldnt reach her family over here (didnt even try to get through over there)

Yes. My uncle lives in New York and was leaving a diner from breakfast and walking down the street when he heard a loud boom and turned to see the explosion just after the plane crashed through the tower. I thank God that he is alright.

AJ here from NYC. Just wanted to say that I am okay. Was about 20 blocks away from the WTC working at a client. Saw the towers fall...there are no words created to describe the terror and horror.

Things will never be the same here.

Too many innocent lives are gone.

AJ

Well, I don't know anyone personally, but my best friend here in Missouri is dating a girl who's sister worked in the World Trade Center. She just happened to be late to work today because of a doctor's appointment. Someone was looking out for her.

My friend in TN told me her step-sister in NYC was just there at the WTC yesterday, and took what were some of the last photos of it ever...
frown.gif

How eerie...thank heaven there was an angel on her shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom