Anyone Here Ever Had A "U2" Dream? Share them here......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2junkie

The Fly
Just curious if anyone else has ever had a "U2" dream. Me? I've had my share. Mostly dreams of concerts (which are always amazing). No Chris...none of "Slane" yet. So, if anyone else has, I'd love to hear about them.

I've had lots of U2 dreams...once, I dreamed the Larry was my grandma's plumber...*lol*

The best dream I had was one where Bono pulled me up on stage and gave me a rose and danced with me for a few songs...but after I got offstage, I saw my history teacher was in the audience...I then woke up and remembered that I had a huge history test that day that I had forgotten to study for. *sigh*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

ive dreamt a couple of times of me and edge jamming together in a room with just four walls and a couch to sit on. nothing more. never of any of the other ones.

------------------
~stadtmueller

I've now had about half a dozen of them, and I hope they never stop!
smile.gif

I've been to the Canadian woods with Bono and Edge; Edge came to visit me here in Dallas; I've gone on tour with them out to Arizona where we BBQ'd and they spit watermelon seeds; I had an intimate conversation with Larry while lying on a couch with him, body-to-body...a couple weeks ago, it was the boys in drag sitting on my grandma's couch. And the latest one was just last night!

I dreamt that Bono (in shortish *brown* hair!) had on this funky, rather ethnic/gypsy-inspired white shirt (blouse?) with long puffy sleeves, and these brown & blue ethnic fabric swatches down the front...um, kinda like this:
pirate.jpg

(but I don't wanna be a pirate!!)

anyway...he also was wearing this godawful ugly [hard to explain] silver rolled mesh neck chain thing, about an inch in diameter, that bothered me so much, I finally went up to him and was like, "Bono, honey, this has GOT to go! Here, put on this one instead." (a black strip of leather or something).

Geez, I'm a fashion critic even in my sleep!
smile.gif

I had a dream the other night out of nowhere...It was VERY strange and it involved Larry and Adam...When I woke up I didn't know where I was or what I was supposed to do that day...it was a ver disconcerting dream...but not cause it was kinky (which it most definitely wasn't) but because it was so unexpected!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

hehe, love this topic! I must admit I have dreams about the boys quite often(fortunately!) but my 2 most memorable ones have to be:
I was sitting in front of my house crying, and I looked up and I see someone riding a beautiful white horse down my street....as he gets closer I realized it was Bono! Bono on a white horse!!! He rode right up to me, jumped off and helped me up, and then we rode off together.....
And just recently I had a dream that I was stalking U2 at a hotel in Oakland after the show, and I found a black sedan parked right in front of a room, so I was kinda lingering around, when 2 hotel room doors opened, and out comes Larry from one room and Bono next door, they see me, Bono is in this white robe,and then he puts out his hand to grab mine and tells me that we were going to "hang out" in Larry's room, so Larry walked into Bono's room, and Bono and I (I wish!) walked into Larry's room...and the only other thing I remember is that there were a bunch of frogs in Larry's bathtub, and Bono thought it was cool so he brought me in to look at them.
lol
too wierd, gotta love dreams!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

if only these dreams would become reality...

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Sure, hippyactress. lol All my dreams about Adam and Larry are purely innocent.
wink.gif

oh, I promise cross my heart...
wink.gif

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by U2SJ:
and the only other thing I remember is that there were a bunch of frogs in Larry's bathtub, and Bono thought it was cool so he brought me in to look at them.

LMAO I love this thread! My dreams always involve going to a U2 concert in a very odd venue. Sometimes they play, sometimes they don't. Two of these dreams were actually at mostly normal arenas, but one I was sitting in a dark room with the concert going on outside, and the other I was at the opposite end of the arena from the stage and it was apparently so far away that they left the houselights up.
An exception to this is my first U2 dream. It was the night before the tickets went on sale for my first U2 concert. It was in the middle of many, many dreams about buying those tickets. JT Bono was in a SNL set that looked like a child's room. The studio was empty except for him and for me sitting in the audience seats. He talked into a crib and then walked across the room and talked into a cardboard box, and then back to the crib and so on. I couldn't understand what he was saying.

Last night I had a dream that I was at a concert in a field. I got a spot on the rail on Adam's side, my dream spot. Then somebody called me to come look at a mossy wall that had symbols carved into it. They were apparently ancient symbols and quite a find. When I was done looking at them, I saw that I had lost my spot, so I called over Bono's bodyguard and he moved the crowd for me.
smile.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)

~~~
"The idea is to eroticize the male body instead of the female." - Bono

"Well, again, within that spirit of not-seriousness... To all intents and purposes, the mystery and power of the penis is, what will it become?" - Adam

"Penises, I'm inclined to believe... are good things." - Adam

Seeing that I asked the question, I'll share a few of mine with you. I'll try to keep them brief:

Bono's limo had a flat tire in front of my house. Thought the person was a "Bono-want-to-be" until I answered the door, and recognized his voice when he asked if he could use my phone. Later, my husband and I went to the Billards with the boys. Course, I stilled couldn't utter a word!

The boys hired me to run a bar a the bottom of a mountain where they were going to give a concert. The deal was, if I barmaid for them, I get front row seats!...Who would pass that up. I remembered it being a lot of work. I remember watching out the bar window has things were about to begin when.....the boys walked in an asked me for a beer. Can you believe I told them to get it themselves, my job was done, and I was going to my seat?
Yup......I did. Left them in the dust only to get a front row seat to see them up close. Ironically strange!

Had a few where they've played some gigs in my basement, and Bono actually asks me what "I" think of the songs........

Many dreams of concerts. All with good seats. All of them awesome shows. All of which I "CAN" remember!

Have had a couple heart to heart chats with Bono about music, both U2's and other's.

Dreamt Bono was "going" to get married. During all the preparations for the big event, I kept thinking....BUT HE ALREADY IS!

So, I guess these guys leave more an impression than we thought......or is it obsession? But I guess that question can be left for a whole different "post".

i have only had one u2 dream, but only edge was in it. he was a VERY clumsy, and somewhat creepy, mailman. i dreamt he hand delivered my mail but accidently dropped it all. he didnt even wear a mailman outfit, he was wearing typical edge wear i think. then i dreamt that on his mailman lunch breaks, he would park across the street from my friends' work and stare at her through the window. i disinctly remember telling my friend in the dream, 'that guy is WEIRD.' hehe, poor pathetic mailman edge!

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Uh this is really weird, but last night, I dreamt that Adam Clayton dressed up as a teletubby and randomly appeared at my doorstep.

------------------
Dana

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

IM me: ghettopoptart83

ive had a few of them before but I just had one last night! I had this really cool U2 dream the other night. I was at the Grammys, and Bono saw me and he like points at me and says "its you! Don't you..." and then I finish the sentence and say "have a picture of the two of us that you later signed in Anaheim?" and Bono chuckles and says "yeah something like that".

And thats all I remember!

I have had two:

The first one I was with three of my male friends who are big U2 fans, and we were in my friends apartment building. One of the guys (who plays guitar) was on the roof getting guitar lessons from The Edge, the other two guys were playing pool with Larry and Adam. Then everyone realized that Bono and I were missing, and they started looking for us. My dream didn't tell me what Bono and I were off doing (Too Bad-I have to leave it up to my imagination)

My second dream was bizarre. My friend Tyler, who isn't gay, calls me up and tells me that he has to tell me something, but that I can't tell anyone. He then says that he is gay, and they I ask him why he chose to tell me, and he says that he is dating Adam Clayton, and he knew that I would think that was cool. Then I ask him to introduce me to the band, he says no, and we got in a big fight!!

I had a freaky (and not very pleasant) U2-related dream earlier today. I was at a party of some kind (graduation dinner actually), and the folks in charge kept trying to pull me aside and stop me from having anything to drink, or basically insinuate that I had some sort of drinking problem.

Anyway it all came to a fairly unpleasant, confrontational head, in which it emerged that they were convinced that I was Bono. And apparently (in bizarro-world) he is a notorious drink-driver. He and the Edge had been pulled over just the other night. And there ends my awful dream.

Chris, I have recently seen them play...but it was at a backyard BBQ, my yard....but there were mountains around. So, I may be getting closer...lol!

posted by spanisheyes:
Hoping tonight may be your Slane dream landscape Judy
wink.gif

Chris
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom