Anyone else think Miracle Drug live was...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
...a little flimsy? I dunno, I just didn't feel the power of it like I thought i would. Hopefully by tour time it is a stomping beast.

First performance is never going to be perfect. This is U2 at their most rusty, and this thing's going to be awesome on tour.

I thought it was alright. It'll be much stronger on the tour, and i think, one of the highlights.

I thought it sounded great other than Bono flubbing the first chorus.

I don't know... I think is the best song of the album

but I feel it could work either as an opener or a closer

I feel the opener vibe in the "feedom has a sense" part

and as a closer... in the final "miracle drug" part.. as it could go on and on andn on and end beautifully

spencr00 said:
yea...the atyclb promo tour sounded nothing like the elevation tour. This tour is gonna be incredible
Exactly. They haven't found the character of the song live yet, a few more times live and this will be a killer.

pepokiss said:
I don't know... I think is the best song of the album

but I feel it could work either as an opener or a closer

I feel the opener vibe in the "feedom has a sense" part

and as a closer... in the final "miracle drug" part.. as it could go on and on andn on and end beautifully

I actually think it could be the new One. Notice how Bono did a long speech during the soft intro, just like he's known to do during One. Hmm ...

Yep, they're still learning how to play this live. Bono's voice was a bit caught between octaves at times. No worries, they'll perfect this song before they hit Miami.

Dr_Macphisto said:
Hopefully this thread won't get bombarded with U2 radicals pissed that you would dare put anything up with One:wink:

Hah! Well, I'm just noting a similarity. I was quite surprised when I heard Bono go on that long spoken intro. If I hadn't been paying attention, I may have been tricked into thinking they were beginning One.

Axver said:
First performance is never going to be perfect. This is U2 at their most rusty, and this thing's going to be awesome on tour.

Yes, after practice I think this song is going to blow us away, I thought this performance was great, but Bono slipped on the first part, and Edge's vocals were low and not as strong as I thought. It will all be perfect when on tour as usual. :wink:

Off topic, but axver, i'm listening to another lovetown boot, you're right, the setlists from this tour were pretty amazing. Bono might have been at his best voice wise on this tour.

miracle drug is better than one -this new song has got a lot more feeling and sentiment in it- the song is a classic!!!

I've been chuckling a bit while leafing through these posts--almost every single person keeps saying something like, "Oh, it'll be OUTSTANDING when they're on tour! It's one of the best songs on the album and they're a great live band, etc." I think it's a good song, I think that it can be a very good live song, but we're talking about the Radio 1 performance...not the album version or future live versions which haven't even happened, yet. Now, maybe everybody didn't really mind this Radio 1 take on the song, and that's fine...but I have to disagree.

I can sum it up with one word: EMBARRASSING. I don't know about this one...I realize that it IS early in the game and that the band IS wonderful live, but none of the songs that I, personally, heard during the last "Promo Tour" were genuinely terrible performances. My faith has been a bit tested, here...luckily, the other songs sounded very solid.

Back
Top Bottom