Anyone else NOT seen U2's VMA Performance Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camiloj

War Child
Ok, so the comments are all out with the usual whiners and applauders. Just wondering if any Interference "regulars" have not seen it yet. I am curious to see how a medley works.

My friend down the hall was supposed to tape the East Coast feed but he accidentally set the tape speed for Short Play so now he is recording the West Coast feed! I will have to wait til after 11:30 Pacific Time now but at least I will get to see it! He also got the interview with U2 in the post show at the beginning of the tape, which should be cool.

l84

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: U2LA2000@hotmail.com

AOL Instant Message: nohocamilo

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

http://www.U2LA.com

I did see it, but just to let you know the 'medley' was a video montage. U2 performed Elevation/Stuck(after some unfortunate problems with the power to Edge's amp caused a delay) You might as well fast forward past the first hour, maybe two. The show really sucked, just to warn you.

------------------
I B 4 U2!

i haven't seen it yet. i dont have sat or cable
frown.gif

Um hello?? Isnt this a "have not seen it yet" thread?? Come on people!! I havent seen it yet.. I'm watching it now its about an hour in.

Fuckin a man.

cringe.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Um hello?? Isnt this a "have not seen it yet" thread?? Come on people!! I havent seen it yet.. I'm watching it now its about an hour in.

Fuckin a man.

cringe.gif

LMAO Sicy! I guess you havent seen it yet either!

Ok, i havent seen it either. Being in residence makes it more difficult to access tv's! And i dont like to share it with 20 other people... fighting over channels.

eek.gif
oh my, then let me tell you that you will shocked and stunned by this performance
eek.gif
this is like no U2 performance you have ever seen before, this is... it's U2, they perform part of Elevation + Stuck, we've all seen this before (all apologies to the Aussies who haven't)

I'm in the West Coast, but I have Direct TV so I get to see things live!
wink.gif

Well, to all the peeps who haven't seen it goood luck watching it all!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I don't seem to get Mostly Trash Videos on my intergalactic satellite reciever.

oh shucks.

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Damn, this is torturous...2hours 20 mins into the VMA here on west coast and only 1 glimpse of BONO! The others musicians/artists, well....I never realized how bad some of the other music was until now!

noooo...i haven't seen it yet either.

did you have to reveal what they played?
frown.gif

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

Haven't because I am without a TV, let alone MTV. Hate to be missing all these videos! Hopefully I'll get them off the internet or from some friends some day.

Fuck! The phone rang when U2 showed up and I talked for about 5 minutes, enough to lost the U2 performance. I'm the worst U2 fan in the world
frown.gif

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

I haven't seen it yet too. My cable will show it tomorrow night. It seems that I should skip the first hour...

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I refuse to watch MTV...I'll download the U2 part of the show when it shows on the net.
Chris

LMAO me too Chris! I still haven't seen it - sounds like I didn't miss much!
wink.gif
My sister taped the U2 bit for me so I'll check it out after work today.

smile.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

no U2LA, but I really enjoyed reading the minute by minute account from some of the folks here in that other thread...edge of the seat stuff especially when it came to the "what the *!#*?!!! where did they go?" moment.
Were the Ramones not allowed to appear on stage or something?and why is it called the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award, what does he have to do with it? Someone also mentioned edge's self-deprecation during an interview after the awards. Hearing the snippets and not knowing the details can be slightly frustrating...but I'm kind of used to it now
biggrin.gif

They deserve every award going IMHO!!!!

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
I don't seem to get Mostly Trash Videos on my intergalactic satellite reciever.

oh shucks./B]
wow, this is the first subject ever on which I agree with the horned one

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I still haven't seen it, but I too followed along with the comments last night... now I want to catch a re-run and see the performance for myself. I'll keep in mind the fact that the rest of the show may put one to sleep though.
smile.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Originally posted by cass:

Were the Ramones not allowed to appear on stage or something?and why is it called the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award, what does he have to do with it? Someone also mentioned edge's self-deprecation during an interview after the awards.
The Ramones were on the stage but didn't have a speech, it looked like MTV cut them off.
I almost chocked when I heard that the Vanguard award is named after Michael Jackson.
eek.gif
I guess Jacko is the king of videos.
rolleyes.gif

And yes, Edge was saying they really don't have that many good videos, it was funny to see the interviewers reaction.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom