Anyone else love Angel Of Harlem(R&H Sun Studios Larry with the goofy feet version)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Anyone else love Angel Of Harlem(R&H Sun Studios Larry with the goofy feet version)

I find this version awesome and extremely funny when Larry says 'if I had a head like yours I'd bleeding bury it'

i wonder what other songs they recorded there and if there is video of it? i saw a picture once of Edge playing a telecaster playing what looked like the riff from God Part II. Boy would i love to see that recording on video! :drool: :drool: :drool:

JMScoopy said:
i wonder what other songs they recorded there and if there is video of it? i saw a picture once of Edge playing a telecaster playing what looked like the riff from God Part II. Boy would i love to see that recording on video! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have audio of an interview somewhere where they said they recorded four songs there. I'm too tired right now to search for them. I'm sure someone knows.

In Rattle and Hum there's footage of a press conference that says they recorded five songs at Sun Studios, but the source was Bono, and you know how that goes.

Angel of Harlem, Love Rescue Me and When Love Comes To Town were recorded at Sun Studios. I think 2 b-side songs were recorded there too.

They also demo'd She's a Mystery To Me (with back-up singers) and Can't Help Falling in Love. So they did at LEAST five songs.

I'm pretty sure the B-sides were recorded in L.A.

i was under the impression it was five NEW songs of which we only ever got the three you mention. Shes a mystery and cant help falling... don't think they were

Re: Anyone else love Angel Of Harlem(R&H Sun Studios Larry with the goofy feet version)

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I find this version awesome and extremely funny when Larry says 'if I had a head like yours I'd bleeding bury it'

:laugh: Yes, I love it too.

Album version is far better, IMO:drool:

but the song that I think is better on the movie than the album is Van Diemend´s Land :drool: :drool: :drool:

ponkine said:
Album version is far better, IMO:drool:

but the song that I think is better on the movie than the album is Van Diemend´s Land :drool: :drool: :drool:

And Desire, Exit, Silver and Gold, Bad, Streets, WOWY, RTSS, and SBS (almost).

nathan1977 said:
They also demo'd She's a Mystery To Me (with back-up singers) and Can't Help Falling in Love. So they did at LEAST five songs.

I'm pretty sure the B-sides were recorded in L.A.

I believe it was Jesus Christ that they recorded there, not 'Can't help falling in love'.

cheers,
Jim

'Jesus Christ' which didn't make it to the album was also recorded there as well wasn't it?

Queen Bee: That sig...;lmao:

Heh. Funny sight, Larry's Long. Ass. Foot. with that giant hole in the toes..I watch R&H just for that scene. What size shoe does he wear, anyway? 13? 14? 20?

*I kid because I love..my brother has honkin' big banana boats, too!*

Its such a shame that they cut off angel of harlem in the movie, just as it gets going.
Larry was talking to "the edge"

Edge: If I had feet like yours Lawrence I wouldnt want them in the film.
Larry: If I had a head like yours I'd bleedin bury it!!

:lol:

I love the Sun Studios version of this song. Mainly because of the different lyrics; sunset, JFK and all that stuff. It is all pretty disconnected, seems like Bono might be making it up on the spot, and lets face it there is very little U2 footage like this from over the years. It has a naked quality about it. And I love it.

Back
Top Bottom