Anyone else like/not hate THTBA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Though I have to confess I don't like it nearly as much as I did when it first came out, I think THTBA is a great song which was a fitting end to a great movie. I'd like to hear a more raw version of it, more acoustic... I don't like some of the effects in the mix, personally, like the one weird conga-drum sounding loop thing (does anyone have ANY idea what I'm talking about...?). Bono suddenly going all opera-ish in the middle seemed kinda odd at first, but now I think it fits... very powerful. Though frankly I don't think it should have been on Best Of, and neither should Electrical Storm, 'cause both songs were released in 2002... but hey any excuse to get new U2 songs :p

I wouldn't mind hearing THTBA on the tour, but it's not on the top of my list. I wouldn't call it a mar on the U2 catalouge nor would I call it a crap song, but I also wouldn't call it one of their best or one that would be especially great live...but ya never know.

Cask said:

It would be kinda hard for it to be on that best of, since it already was on 1990-2000, so "probably" there are slim chances of it appearing there. :wink: Hehe anyway I like the song, altough it is the weakest of their soundtrack songs, not even close to HMTMKMKM or The Ground beneath her feet.

But for this song I think that U2 can definatly let it slide, and put it on the best of 2000-2010, if they do that the album sales will beat out The Joshua Tree's sales in one week.

I haven't even listened to the song the whole way through yet. It just doesn't shout out to me. Don't like it.

Zoomerang96 said:
another song about america. no offense americans, i'm just tired of hearing bono sing about you guys all the time.

not to mention the music is really uninspired.

you TOTALLY missed the boat :(

its about the irish immigrants who came to new york and the rest of america and worked their butts off

macphisto23 said:

But for this song I think that U2 can definatly let it slide, and put it on the best of 2000-2010, if they do that the album sales will beat out The Joshua Tree's sales in one week.

Sometimes I wish there was a sarcasm button when posting. You can't be serious about this.:huh:

I really like this song but i don't care for the movie, i can't believe Scorcese took that long to make a movie that just isn't so great. But getting back to the song, i personally think it is awesome and the Pavoratti part is shiver cool too, Bono shouldn't have faked that on the Today show though it looked too corney. :wink:

I like that song! I didn't really care for the movie though. I haven't heard the soundtrack version, what is different about it?

I think it is an OK U2 b-side at best. the song is long and drawn out like the movie

Back
Top Bottom