Anyone else just love days like these when....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...our boys are just plastered all over the news!
biggrin.gif

www.msn.com Front page with a nice pic and gushing words.

Grammys Elevate U2 for 2002

This is one moment U2 won't want to get out of.

Despite going three-for-three last year, the Irish rock supergroup was hardly left behind by the 44th Annual Grammy Awards Friday, scoring a field-best eight nominations, including Album of the Year for its acclaimed return to pop simplicity, All That You Can't Leave Behind. Bono and company also picked up nods for Record of the Year and Song of the Year (songwriting award) for their uplifting tracks "Walk On" and "Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of," respectively.

Meanwhile, U2's nomination domination seemed like a no-brainer: After all, the supergroup swept its categories at last year's ceremony, with its "Beautiful Day" single winning Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Rock Performance by a Duo or Group. Because U2's album was released after the September 30, 2000, deadline, the disc itself wasn't eligible for Grammy gold until this year.

Anyone else find it a bit ironic how they are now everybody's darling when about a year ago they were nobody's buddy? lol.

Oh well, it's nice to see them get the attention they deserve.

-sula

HA! I was thinking the same thing! I almost feel like I did something good. Well, I guess I did by becoming a U2 fan.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I am so proud to be a U2 fan today!!

Not just tomorrow's newspapers, but entertainment magazine's for the next month 1/2 will be plastered with U2!!

I love being a fan of the greatest band in the world!!!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

Anyone else find it a bit ironic how they are now everybody's darling when about a year ago they were nobody's buddy? lol.

-sula

Well, U2 are always my darlings!

*how 'bout some nachos for my cheesiness!*

Today reminded me why I always feel so much pride in being a U2 fan.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
Well, U2 are always my darlings!

*how 'bout some nachos for my cheesiness!*

*hands HeartlandGirl some wine to go with the cheese*
wink.gif

Actually yeah, that's why it's so cool! Because they were our darlings even when not recognized by the media or the public or whatever. You kinda wanna go See, I TOLD you they were great! to all the reviewers and writers and everyone on the street. lol.

biggrin.gif

-sula

p.s. *has been going around the office today with a silly grin on face and telling the occasional person "Guess whose band just got nominated for 8 Grammy Awards?"*

The fun part is cutting out all the little newsprint pictures to tape on my folders I use for grad school. Yes, like a seventh-grader.

(Pleba moment)

------------------
...the highway speaks of deserts dry...

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
i already made myself a post it to go buy all the newspapers tomorrow
biggrin.gif

omg, what a good idea! Thanks for reminding me, olive!
biggrin.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom