Anyone else had to buy a new U2 CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...because they've discovered some 'skipping' in one of them??????

Damn fukky fukky damn fart and bird poop!

I gots to buy a new Josy one and an not happy happy!!!!

Unless of course, can they be fixed?

Anyway, tell me Im not alone???

frown.gif

I fear that soon enough I'll have to buy a new Achtung Baby cd....of course the packaging will be ditched and the new cd will simply be placed in the original cardboard case.

I had to buy a new R&H, JT, and UF. UF had accidentally been dropped on the driveway and rollerbladed over...skipped pretty badly after that...not sure what was up with the other two.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 05-07-2002).]

I had to buy a new pop and joshua tree. Zoo station skips on AB. If it was any other song I would of already replaced it but I can live without zoo station for a while.

I will be getting a new October soon, it is broken in half. I don't know what happened i just looked in the case and there it was in two pieces. It was a sad sight to behold.

Jeez, a lot of us have broken AB discs. Mine is skipping a lot too -- at least it is a used copy.. it's served me so well for a year.. *sniffsniff*

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Just last week I found my Zooropa melted in the car. EEEWWWW all that purple melted and stuck on the cd case.
frown.gif

my zooropa and october cd's like to skip sometimes. but only sometimes.
frown.gif

plus, my october jewel case is all scratched up. so is unforgettable fire. man, all my old cd's look like shit.

------------------
i like the highlife and the lowlife. it's just the bit in between i find boring.
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

anyone know if rubbing toothpaste on scratched cd's really fixes the skips?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

My POP skips right at the end of Miami and at the start of Playboy Mansion.
mad.gif
I haven't gotten around to buying a new one, though, and if I do it'll be used.

I nearly had a heart attack last fall when my Zooropa began skipping during Daddy's Gonna Pay...

------------------
Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

I might have to get a new copy of Pop soon. Last Night On Earth just stops playing midway through, not even skips, just stops dead, and Wake Up Dead Man is skipping. I did make a copy onto cassette for my car before the cd started skipping, so I'll try to be patient and hold off on buying another cd for awhile.

I've had to buy AB three times!

I believe there is a product out there for scratched CDs/DVDs that fills in the gaps so they play right. Some kind of polish, I think. We need to get it b/c our babies love to remove the DVDs form their cases and play with them.....doesn't work out well for the discs!
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

My Zooropa skips during the middle of Dirty Day...and I can't find my JT cd...i think I may have left it in my brothers cd case that we took with us to London, but he hasn't mentioned finding it since we've come back.

Back
Top Bottom