Anyone Dislike HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I haven't heard it myself yet, but I haven't heard one bad thing about it either.

Musically I don't think it lives up to the promise of Vertigo. I've only listened to it 7-8 times through though. I find the songs do grow on you. To me it just needs one really rocking and fun Vertigo-like track around 4 or 5.

There are some songs that are very Ob la di ob la da in parts. <I'm looking at you One Step Closer especially in the beginning.>

Mostly though my jury is still out on whether it's great or just simply really good and I guess around here that might pass for hating it.

Also Bono says "you" way to much in the album. Everything is "you this" or "you that" I remember Cash once saying that he was writing too many songs with either me or I in them. It's just such a nondescript word. Almost like saying "thing". It's really the only thing that's bugged me so far. Every other line has you in it.

Dragonfave said:
HTDAAB-bashing, eh? Go to this link:

http://www.soundopinions.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4775

Happy surfing!!

Well it's not that bad. My personal favorite:

"So I'm going to buy the CD, I pretty much like what I hear so far, I'll buy it just to thank the band for not doing a political album, I think everyone was thinking with Bono's loudmouth it would have Africa and Iraq written all over it. I think he should stay away from saving the world and concentrate on his vocals, even though it doesn't matter, I think the Edge and their bassist Adam Clayton save this record and make it good. For me, their drummer is running through the motions. Forgot his name."

ramblin rose said:

"So I'm going to buy the CD, I pretty much like what I hear so far, I'll buy it just to thank the band for not doing a political album, I think everyone was thinking with Bono's loudmouth it would have Africa and Iraq written all over it. I think he should stay away from saving the world and concentrate on his vocals, even though it doesn't matter, I think the Edge and their bassist Adam Clayton save this record and make it good. For me, their drummer is running through the motions. Forgot his name."

Damn, my friend is pretty harsh on Bono, but at least he/she gives props to Adam and Edge. I saw the poster said Miracle drug had great slide guitar work. At least hes buying the album, the rest of the forum seems to be just tearing it after hearing one or two songs on the radio!! What "tossers", as our friends at NME would say.

This board is fans of indie, new music. It very rare you find love for a mainstream band like U2. They hate that Bono isn't Conor Oberst, or something like him. :ohmy:

wait, wait, wait

I like a lot of Indie (very Indie) bands including Bright Eyes, and of course I love U2, 2 can be mixed

Last edited:
Jack In The Box said:
wait, wait, wait

I like a lot of Indie (very Indie) bands including Bright Eyes, and of course I love U2, 2 can be mixed

Oh, I do too, that's why I went to see Bright Eyes. However, some indie music fans are too wrapped up in the image of it all, they forget about all music. I would actually consider myself more of an indie fan than anything else. I do, though, know what good music is across all spectrums. It seems rather silly to me to dismiss a band or artist solely on its image. That is what most posters on the sound opinions board are doing. It isn't a matter of them simply not liking the music, because you can feel the animosity in their posts for U2 and Bono. They have such a hatred for this band. :(

I understand what you mean, kakvox. I remember back when Joshua Tree came out and U2 lost some of their fans because "they became commerical". I never got that arguement.... why does it matter if someone sells 1,000 or 1 million records. If the music is good it's good. I think some people are too wrapped up in appearing alternative and cool.

Back
Top Bottom