Anyone been to the real Joshua Tree location?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papab31

Babyface
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has visited the Joshua Tree that has fallen down and could help me out with a location of how to get there. I know it's somewhere by Death Valley (I thought I read somewhere by the West entrance, but not sure). I swear I saw a thread on this a long time ago, but since I don't have search capabilities, I can't find it.

I'm from Iowa and planning to go with my buddy who lives in LA this weekend before we make the trek to San Diego for the tour opener. Think of it as my pre-tour pilgrimage. :)

If you anyone could help out, I'd appreciate it a ton.

Thanks!
Dan

i'm sure i rememeber reading somewhere that corbijn said neither him nor the badn would ever reveal the true location of THE Joshua tree, the one used on the cover.
whether its been found already or not i dont know but i just remember reading that

Sadly the tree actually fell over and died a few years back. :sad:

If you search this forum you will find the threads and some pictures of the tree.

Oops, I reread your post and see you know it has fallen down. Still research the threads they might give a clue to where it is.

Last edited:
never been there, but spent some time at the "City Of Sails" the town where the ONE TREE HILL is located:
one-tree-hill.jpg

the tree doesn't exist anymore after chainsaw attacks.

digsy said:
i'm sure i rememeber reading somewhere that corbijn said neither him nor the badn would ever reveal the true location of THE Joshua tree, the one used on the cover.
whether its been found already or not i dont know but i just remember reading that

yeah and one of the band members (4get which one) said that they hoped that a fan didnt "take the tree and bring it to a concert yelling "bano i got ur tree!" "

jacobus said:
never been there, but spent some time at the "City Of Sails" the town where the ONE TREE HILL is located:
one-tree-hill.jpg

One Tree Hill in happier days with its one tree.

I was lucky enough to visit One Tree Hill before the tree was hacked down, although I was only six at the time.

Now I need to make the pilgrimage to the Joshua Tree. I don't understand why people are so secretive about the location - well, I do understand that no-one wants herds of people trampling the place, but surely other U2 fans should be given a hand? - though it's not really a worry for me yet. The tree will probably be gone by the time I'm able to go on the pilgrimage.

Last edited:
quadcaster said:

yeah and one of the band members (4get which one) said that they hoped that a fan didnt "take the tree and bring it to a concert yelling "bano i got ur tree!" "

What's up with people on this forum calling Bono 'bano'? :huh:

wow, its pretty sad that the joshua tree fell, but its nice to see the inscriptions made around the tree.. hopefully they will remain there without disturbance

Axver said:

One Tree Hill in happier days with its one tree.

I was lucky enough to visit One Tree Hill before the tree was hacked down, although I was only six at the time.

Now I need to make the pilgrimage to the Joshua Tree. I don't understand why people are so secretive about the location - well, I do understand that no-one wants herds of people trampling the place, but surely other U2 fans should be given a hand? - though it's not really a worry for me yet. The tree will probably be gone by the time I'm able to go on the pilgrimage.

I think the main reason is we don't want to give anti-U2 fans an easy ride to the Joshua Tree location so they can desecrate it...

animousity towards U2 today really is at an all time high

What gorgeous photos!

My great grandmother used to live near Joshua Tree. Sadly I never was able to visit it before it fell, but I hope to make a trek out that way again to pay my respects.

Last edited:
I never got to go there either. I love those pics too, they're like taking the trip yourself (which may be the best I'm ever going to get :sigh: )

Wow! Those pictures are amazing! I'd like to take a drive out there but have no clue where the tree is.

jacobus said:
one-tree-hill.jpg

I, too, was lucky enough to visit One tree Hill way back in 1988. It was so cool driving through Auckland, trying to follow the map to get there, and then seeing that one beautiful tree up on that hill off in the distance.

Of course when we got there I had to make the trek up to the top of the hill and it was wonderful.
New Zealand is SO beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom