Anyone an expert on NY Irving Plaza show??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
Can anyone tell me what Bono is spelling out at the end of "Elevation"? Is it actual words or just a jumble of letters? Cause I don't know what the hell he's trying to do there.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I've wondered that myself. sounds like it was an attempt at elevation, but he forgot how to spell it or something, hehe.

I have always wondered this and have listened to it a million timmes.

I really think he starts to spell elevation, screws up, then just says the letters of the word in random order.

That is all I can gome up with...

Originally posted by ouizy:
I have always wondered this and have listened to it a million timmes.

I really think he starts to spell elevation, screws up, then just says the letters of the word in random order.

That is all I can gome up with...

this is what i think, too. he also does the same scant "letter singing" on the BBC live, when they premiered this song. In concert, he's switched the random letters to the "jubilation, celebration, soul nation" that we've come to know and love
smile.gif

------------------
Give me one more chance
And you'll be satisfied
Give me two more chances
You won't be denied

* U2 Take Me Higher *

I think he is also trying to spell G-L-O-R-I but no "A"???????????? Then back to E-L-V???????????????

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I agree with Tackleberry. I think Bono was adding a bit of Gloria into Elevation. Its a good fit since they are both ecstatic love songs about God.

Well, I was there at Irving Plaza, and the definitive answer is that he spells

ELZLOI-ELEVZION-GLOR-EVTLIOOO....

Now then, what the hell was he trying to spell...that is when I tell you I have no clue!

I think he was just caught up in the moment and started spelling elevation and gloria. Don't ask me where the letter Z fits into it.

Still a kick ass version.

I love that quick quote of Radiohead he did :
"And I'm a creep"

AJ

Originally posted by Hawk269:

ELZLOI-ELEVZION-GLOR-EVTLIOOO....

I think he was just caught up in the moment and started spelling elevation and gloria. Don't ask me where the letter Z fits into it.

AJ

Well you have to give him credit for attempting the spelling, when he is lucky to get the lyrics right. Is he the dyslexic?
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom