Anybody like Electrical Storm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that the Edge really shines in this particular song. A lot of emotion comes through that guitar, I'll tell you that much. I can also relate the lyrics to my life quite a bit. All in all, I must love it.

Love it. :heart:

It will always have a special place in my heart as I was over in Europe visiting the Dutch interferencers when I finally got to hear it for the first time. And I played it to death. lol. So I have happy memories of Dutch rainy weather, hanging out with DrTeeth, and listening to ES.

The guitar version is definitely better than the Orbit mix, imho. If they can keep that up, the next album should be a good one. :up:

Were can I get a clean non-radio recorded version of the one they played on UK radio. That is the best version by far. I think one of their best ever.

Saracene said:
It's a nice enjoyable song. Great guitar playing from the Edge, I can really feel that humid, stormy atmosphere just before the rain starts.

Ooh, that's a good way of describing it...yeah, I know what you mean.

I like this song. The thing I really like about the B-side version of the song is the opening guitar-I like how Edge does that bit. It's cool.

The lyrics aren't bad, either-particularly from "Car alarm won't let you back to sleep" to "Let's go to places no one else has been", and then the whole "You're in my mind" bit is nice, too.

I like the video, too-using black and white for it was a good idea.

Angela

A Maaaaaaan said:
It`s a nice song, but I also don`t think that they will play it live.
They probably will. They played "Sweetest Thing" at the start of the Elevation tour (and then eventually wrote it off the setlists).

Electrical Storm is great. I really hope they follow this direction for the new job.

It's nice and mysterious but with a rock edge like UF and JT and not too poppy like ATYCLB was.

I adore ES because it is a total grower, each time I listen to it I get wowed more and more. I like the B side version the best, my God Edge's guitar work is amazing, just so ass-kicking. The song has this honesty and beauty and optimism, it's just so perfect for driving in the car in summer and singing along at the top of your lungs. I so hope they play this one live because I think this song has the potential to tear the roof off!

The_acrobat said:
I just wanna find out what people like about the song. I love it too. I am curious if anybody really appreciates it like I do. I've just recently fallen in love with it. I used to find it average. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything, you'll just waste valuable web space.

All I want is a catchy tune. While I don't dislike ES, I need for U2 to get a hit or 2 hit songs or maybe a streak of hits. Every time I hear a U2 song on the radio it's from the 80's or 90's; nothing from atyclb!

I love it. I don't have a favorite version b/c I like the beginning of the Orbit Mix, most of the "normal" version, but I think they made a big mistake by taking Edge's triplets out at the very end. Right now, the demo version is actually my favorite for that reason, and also it's very nostalgic for me.

I think Electrical Storm is great. It's definitely much better than Hands That Built America...(that song blew). Granted ES is not one of the BEST U2 songs or makes the top 10 for me, but it sure as heck is better than a lot of other songs.

My top 10 U2 songs :

1. Please
2. Elevation
3. Running to Stand Still
4. So Cruel
5. Zooropa
6. God Part II
7. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
8. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
9. New York (I actually am one of the few who LOVES this song)
10. The Fly

U2Fan101 said:
9. New York (I actually am one of the few who LOVES this song)

I love New York too (see a thread from a while back I started on it)!

ES is a great song - probably prefer the Orbit version over the b-side version (used to be the other way around) but I love both. There is definitly a great atmosphere to the song and it brings me back to the end of last Summer (my God, was it nearly a year already?!!) when accompanied by the two mixes of New York I first listened to my shiny new ES single having gotten from my record store three days before it was released ;)

JTH

P.S. What about the original "demo version" - the first ES we Interferencers woke up with joy to one August morning?

When the song was first released, I was not particularly enthused about it. But over time it's really grown on me. I think - and apologies if this comes across as pretentious - that the video helps the song's narrative. Or maybe I just like watching videos where Bono's on a speeding train. Heh.

love the song... favorite line for it would have to be "youve kept awake dreaming someone elses dream"

I must say I like the edge's guitar solo in the end from the demo "Radio One" version the best... and I have to say I like the B-Side and Orbit mix both equally... it kind of depends on the mood... I guess.

Back
Top Bottom