Anybody hate any U2 songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by blood red edge:
Walk to the Water. That song sucks! That appreciation thread was nuts-o. I don't know what anybody could see in that song!
Also, the Wanderer, When Love Comes To Town, and a portion of Pop.

Walk to the Water!!!??? Really????

Please tell me you like Luminous Times...

------------------
Pictures in grey...

Sweetest Thing! I can't stand that one. I remember when it first came out, after I had been confused with Discotheque( wasn't a fan yet and didn't own the Pop album), I thought "What is going on with these guys?". And then that corny video. I know Sweetest Thing is popular but I just never liked this one.

Well ericb, maybe you have to be chick to truly enjoy sweetest thing. If someone wrote that for me after missing my b-day then
I would be floored--in a good way.

------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Wow you guys covered a couple, some of these I would never realize till I was reminded.

-Grace (yeah haven't had that moment either)
-uhm I'm from Miami, at least was, but there's something about that song I can't stand
-*putting on knight's armor to protect from rocks* I really don't care for the October album at all (maybe I should spin it again and something will happen)
- Everlasting love ??? sorry it reminds me too much of the Gloria estefan cover

But in better news I never really skip any of them, well cause I'm too lazy to get up to do it
biggrin.gif
(no remote control on the stereo).

*looking for remote uninhabitated island to run away to*

-Marina

I dont really like TTYW or....

*starts running away, jumps in taxi, heads for airport*

Angel of Harlem

I feel the Angel of Death will now descend on me

------------------
"...and a thousand slimy things did crawl upon the slimy sea..."

miami kicks ass!!

~getting hot in a photo booth~

------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, cool buzz, and I'm fine.

wow I can't believed I'm getting stoned for Miami and not October (albulm), maybe I should go listen to it again.
-Marina

You're insane! Walk to the Water is one of the best b-sides U2 have ever released.
Some of my least favorite U2 songs:

Refugee
Red Light
Wire

MP

Sweetest thing, trip through your wires, angel of harlem... All great songs! I dont know how I can even associate with you people... *walks away*

LOL

------------------
"The less you have, the harder you fight for it."

Hmmm...this seems like a dangerous thread...guess I'll dive right in. U2 songs I don't like, eh? Not many of 'em, but I'll give it a go:

Red Light (I find the "Da da da" crap at the beginning especially grating)
When Love Comes to Town (I can't believe this was on "Best of.." but Two Hearts and Gloria were not)
Elvis Presely and America (maybe if I had any idea what Bono was saying, I'd like this song
wink.gif
)

That seems like about it. Yeah.

------------------
"You can dream so dream out loud"

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
When Love Comes to Town (I can't believe this was on "Best of.." but Two Hearts and Gloria were not)

You did not just say that...

Ok, admittedly, Im a little biased, being a BB King fan and all... And true enough, Gloria is a great song... but Best Of was a collection of the various styles of music that U2 has done, and when love comes to town has some very strong lyrics to it... I love that song too... (if you havent watched Rattle And Hum a couple of times, be sure to do so, GREAT live stuff... *droolz*)

------------------

Did he just say rattle and hum was a poor movie?? come on! it wasnt THAT bad... I would have given it a much better rating though had they not cut 'One Tree Hill' and stuck it on the best of video...

------------------

thank you ti-hua for mentioning what could be the worst song ever by any band. i think every song u2 has made is amazing except that damn "love rescue me" what were they thinking?????? i don't even know the words, that's how much THAT song sucks.

*announcer voice again*

May I remind you that this is an all ages post. Younger audiances: viewer descresion is advised.

~this has been a public service announcement to the people that dont care, from the people that are too bored for words~

Back
Top Bottom