Any U2 b-side you wish was on an album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
would 11 O'Clock and Another Day count? I'd love for those to have been on Boy
A Celebration on October
Pete the Chop, Party Girl on War
Three Sunrises on UF
Spanish Eyes, Silver and Gold, Sweetest Thing on JT
Hallelujah Here She Comes on RaH
Slow Dancing on Zooropa
Hold Me, Thrill Me... on Pop (am the only one who thinks this fits better with 'Pop'? perfect counterpart to Gone specificially)
Stateless, Ground Beneath Her Feet on ATYCLB
Electrical Storm and Fast Cars on HTDAAB

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Anybody think "Touch" should have been on boy?
And definitely Luminous Times...an amazing song

Agreed!

:up: on Treasure and Touch

have to disagree with Night and Day - 1. because it's a "cover" (well, it's a Cole Porter song) and 2. it is the absolute embodiment of their transition to Achtung and must be on its own.

Same idea for The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless off the MDH soundtrack. Can you even imagine the wait between Pop and ATYCLB without it? If it hadn't have been for that soundtrack, I, for one, would've died of U2starvation.

As far as ATYCLB, many songs would have helped that album, including Love You Like Mad, Electrical Storm, and SUmmer Rain. I honestly can't even listen to that album anymore, only a few songs and that makes me :sad:

And it's a travesty that Fast Cars isn't on the main album. :heart: ANd the Alternate version of Sometimes is good enough to be on there twice!

Oh well, I still love it all anyways. :wink:

Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)

Electrical Storm (Band Version)

North and South of the River

Your Blue Room

Salome (Zooromancer Remix - Best of Edit)

Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix - Best of Edit)

Lemon (Jeep Mix)

U2girl said:
Also, not a B-side, but HMTMKMKM should have made Zooropa.

hmm, i think they should have saved it for pop, it would fit better there i think. but i agree it should have found its way on some album.

StlElevation said:

hmm, i think they should have saved it for pop, it would fit better there i think. but i agree it should have found its way on some album.

Replace Discotheque with HMTMKMKM and Playboy Mansion with North And South Of The River and Pop would rise about five places on my album rankings.

Though not a B-Side, the first one that comes to my mind is:

Side A

1. Streets
2. Still Haven’t Found
3. WOWY
4. Bullet
5. Running
6. Red Hill

Side B

7. Heartland
8. God’s Country
9. Trip
10. One Tree
11. Exit
12. Mothers

According to The Edge in Stokes book, Heartland was already recorded and it was on JT album but dropped at the last minute for Trip Through Your Wires.

'north and south of the river' totally fits in pop - i think i have it just after 'staring at the sun' and it's a completely natural fit to my ears.

Night And Day on AB (even though it is a cover). U2 version is a different approach - eerie and obsessive / a spurned stalker. Musically and vocally cut from the same cloth of AB. I think it could have a fit after the lover’s betrayal in UTEOTW and before the bitterness of the broken affair in Wild Horses.

Thinking more about AB:

Lady With A Spinning Head (Extended Version) on AB. The second track after Zoo Station. It’s all about The Fly character on the prowl in Nighttown lookin’ for “action.”

Salome on AB. The third track after Zoo Station and Lady With A Spinning Head (Extended Version). A song about seduction to go along the seductiveness of Even Better Than Real Thing.

Can’t Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Mix) on AB (even though it is a cover). Right after the “consummation” / “the dirty deed” of Even Better Than Real Thing. Lust mistaken for love.

Why not a re-ordering of AB? After Arms Around The World The Fly character staggers home hung over. He stumbles home burnt by a lover. He is back at home to face what was already a troubled relationship. And to face the consequences of his escapade. They do not kiss and make up. There is no true reconciliation. Love is drowning in a deep well. Love is hell.

1. Zoo Station
2. The Fly
3. Lady With A Spinning Head (Extended Version)
4. Salome
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Even Better Than Real Thing
7. Can’t Help Falling In Love
8. Until The End Of The World
9. Night And Day
10. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
11. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
12. Acrobat
13. So Cruel
14. One
15. Ultraviolet
16. Love Is Blindness

A U2 Rock Opera! Better than Phantom Of The Opera?

Back in the era of Napster, I had most if not all of these U2 b-sides on my computer. However, I didn't have a computer with a CD burner, and thus they were lost forever when my hard drive was corrupted by a virus. Not only did I lose all of the b-sides, but also a lot of live stuff (PopMart in Mexico, Irving Plaza) and rarities (covers of Fortunate Son and Jesus Christ). So basically, I would love it if EVERY b-side had been on an album so I could've heard all of his wonderful music again.

Back
Top Bottom