Any songs off the Bomb which could work well acoustically?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulrg

Refugee
Thinking back to the last album - Stuck In A Moment sounded fresh and great at first but interest died down only to be renewed by a very different treatment - the acoustic version recorded in Vienna mid way through the European leg of the Elevation Tour.

Now (forgetting Edge's inspired banjo version of Vertigo) which, if any, songs off the new album do you think might gain a new lease of life by being given the acoustic, stripped down, treatment?

One step closer. Original of the species with Edge on piano and Bono on acoustic guitar.
(I'm hoping they will put Bono behind the piano on tour so Edge can play the electric guitar, though)

A man and a woman, but that is already played on acoustic guitar.

Maybe Sometimes...?

Last edited:
Actually, I can't think of any song from HTDAAB that wouldn't sound good (at least, interesting) done acoustically.:wink:

I mean, if Vertigo can sound that good on the banjo - anything is possible!:lol:

Remember how beautiful SBS was done acoustically?

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

All Because Of You is a typical chords song, probably written on acoustic guitar. A slower acoustic version might sound nice.
The same for crumbs.

i would like to hear love and peace given the sunday bloody sunday treatment....slow down the beginning....just guitar...then the drums kick in:combust:

Isn't Fast Cars already predominately acoustic?

I would vote for All Because of You and Original of the Species.

Altough my least favorite song of the album (by that I mean I like it, don't hate it, but just the last one I like), I think crumbs would be great!

On the DVD, before Larry comes in (no offense Lar!) I just think the song is so much better!

ehh, I generally don't like when they do their tunes acoustically.
(especially Desire; I hate that shit).
gimmee the full band.
please.:wink:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I think Crumbs would sound fantastic acoustic....I do!!

I totally agree! Actually, right now it's the only song I can really see being solid on acoustic except for maybe Sometimes. Plus, AMAAW is already predominantly acoustic, but I think if you took away the bass it ruins the whole essence of why the song is good.

Good thoughts throughout the thread but I have to disagree with everyone who thinks Sometimes. . . is not a contender for being part of an acoustic set. I would have to assume when they sung it at the funeral it was acoustic and then there's the DVD from HTDAAB where Edge and Bono perform it acoustic and it sounds great. From the DVD alone it appears the song was written and developed acoustic.

Back
Top Bottom