Any know about this performence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peterrrrr

New Yorker
Are there any audio or video recordings of it?

46.jpg

It's from the Keep A Child Alive Black Ball held on September 25 in New York. Bono was honored for his humanitarian work and there were a couple of performances by different artists, one of them being Alicia Keys. At one point, Bono joined her on stage for a performance of "Don't give up". It was said to have been great, but as far as a recording is concerned, I'm sorry I have to disappoint you. We've been looking for it since the event took place, but all we could find was a very short clip of Bono's speech and a few seconds from that performance. I would love to see it, but I don't know if it will ever see the light of day.

on that night also Gwen Stefani sang "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and - I don't remember who ... someone sang also "Miss Sarajewo".

And no footage at all :madspit:

but you can find some footage - speeches and stuff - just tip in "Black Ball 2007" on youtube... but not one the performances...

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
It's from the Keep A Child Alive Black Ball held on September 25 in New York. Bono was honored for his humanitarian work and there were a couple of performances by different artists, one of them being Alicia Keys. At one point, Bono joined her on stage for a performance of "Don't give up". It was said to have been great, but as far as a recording is concerned, I'm sorry I have to disappoint you. We've been looking for it since the event took place, but all we could find was a very short clip of Bono's speech and a few seconds from that performance. I would love to see it, but I don't know if it will ever see the light of day.

Do you know wich clip that has a few seconds on the performences? :) youtube link or something...

I just enjoy the fact that Alicia Keys is taller than Bono.

And if you mention her heels, remember his thick shoes and lifts.

Gotta love off topic "facts" based off a single pic. For all the PLEBA bashing, this forum sure has a Bono appearance fetish sometimes.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I'm short too and I just think it's funny. I'd make fun of myself if there was a picture of me and Alicia Keys. Big deal.

Peterrrrr said:

Do you know wich clip that has a few seconds on the performences? :) youtube link or something...

I don't think it's on You Tube, but I have uploaded the clip, it's very short and an audience recording, I wish there'd be a better one:

http://www. send space .com/file/k5jb6r

By the way, it was 25 October, not September.

phillyfan26 said:
:rolleyes:

I'm short too and I just think it's funny. I'd make fun of myself if there was a picture of me and Alicia Keys. Big deal.

Don't make fun of anything. Ever. Especially Bono, pictured below:

sd02-03.jpg

Back
Top Bottom