Any information about these B-Sides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowthrower

Babyface
I recently downloaded some songs claiming to be How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb B-Sides and was wondering if anyone has any information about them. The song titles are

Jitterbug Baby
Wake Up (Pt.1) [not the Arcade Fires Wake Up)
Dont Say Goodbye
Doctor! Doctor!

I'm pretty sure Jitterbug Baby is a authentic song, but not from the BOMB era, everything else sounds like its from this area.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

These are all informal titles assigned by fans and/or bootleggers to demos taped in Berlin. "Wake Up" is the original "Wake Up Dead Man," which evolved from "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down," which was to have been released as a single in mid-1988 only to later be cancelled.

can somebody tell me where can i download this songs and any u2 rare songs? please HELP ME i just have don't say goodbye please give me a link:sad:

you can buy a proper pressing of the salome outakes on ebay for as little as ten quid (full three cd set). I did. Though I wouldn't recommend getting them if you've only just become a fan. I'd suggest getting their back catalogue first.

Alternatively you can download them from various fan sites. - try google - a bit of patience always pays off.

other rare tracks are downloadable from many different fan sites. (inlcuding this one I may add - music-on-the-internet section .) - just hunt around.

There are a lot of very helpful fans out there - who I owe a lot to.

Ellay said:
you can buy a proper pressing of the salome outakes on ebay for as little as ten quid (full three cd set). I did. Though I wouldn't recommend getting them if you've only just become a fan. I'd suggest getting their back catalogue first.

Alternatively you can download them from various fan sites. - try google - a bit of patience always pays off.

other rare tracks are downloadable from many different fan sites. (inlcuding this one I may add - music-on-the-internet section .) - just hunt around.

There are a lot of very helpful fans out there - who I owe a lot to.

Yup...fan trading is incredibly awesome. :yes: :bow: The Salome: Axtung Beibi Outtakes consist of a 3-disc set of outtakes from stuff from AB before they entirely found the groove feel of the album. If you google it, you'll see that there's a good history page here on Interference (but I can't figure out how to get to it through this site without googling!). There's also a 7-disc set that contains mainly the 3-disc set plus a bunch of loops & other less interesting stuff. I haven't been able to get the 7-disc set from anywhere yet................................................... :wink:

A bunch of us have the 3-disc set & would probably love to pass it along....it's just that it takes quite a while to pass along, being 3-discs & hours worth of material. I'd say that posting a request on the MOTI forum might get you someone to post it. That said, I'd agree with Ellay and really recommend enveloping yourself in the rest of U2's stuff first.....the Salome tracks are pretty un-U2 on the most part, very rough, and probably best enjoyed when you're more ready for it (-----that's how it was introduced to me! My friend said, "burn these when you're ready for 'em :wink: )

martha said:
I such a shitty fan. I've never even heard the Axtung Beibi Outtakes. :tsk:

Well, I'm a shittier fan for having had them and then LOSING them in a move :sad:

along with a cool Bono light-switch plate, I might add... I have no idea how things just *disappear* like that :confused:

Back
Top Bottom