Any indication that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
actually, i believe that there are some indications.

maybe not u2 themselves but people in the u2corp.

they would have thrown themselves of a cliff a couple of years ago if they read this forum

or maybe they would have asked some of the people here to push them of said cliff as they knew they had found finally foudn the people to count on for this nasty job

I've heard from various people that they might have the odd glance, heard from others that U2 know Interference exists, etc... but we have no proof. However if I were a band member I wouldn't be scanning a forum where talk can be negative, and ifd you were from U2 wouldn't you be offended if you saw a thread called "Crumbs Depreciation thread" or "U2 are sell-outs"?

That said, how does anyone know that I am not in fact Bono? Anyone one of us could easily be a band member, albeit with a low post count... :wink:

COBL_04 said:

That said, how does anyone know that I am not in fact Bono? Anyone one of us could easily be a band member, albeit with a low post count... :wink:

Because Bono wouldn't spend his time posting 1675 posts in his existance here. He prefers to make phonecalls to important man around the world...:wink:

i think during the ATYCLB promo tour there was an interview with the band where they name checked interference. there was an mp3 of it somewhere.

love2bmama said:
But the band themselves? No way. Why would they?

it's just like the sports starts who say they don't read the paper... bullcrap. of course they do. it's human nature. who here hasn't googled themselves? if there was a giant website(s) based on YOU, wouldn't you check it/them out from time to time? especially if you had no real job and had oodles and oodles of free time like the members of u2 do? of course you would... there's vanity in all of us.

would they ever publicly make themselves known? of course not. no one would believe them anyways (unless the edge posts a picture taken with his webcam with his interference handle written on a note card so that we know he's not a fake like some myspace teenybopper). and i doubt they check up on it every day, but i'm sure that they do know of it, have browsed threads, and i wouldn't be stunned in the least if they've made a post or two in annonymity.

as for band management, i'd be willing to bet that high ranking members of the band's management browse the various u2 fan webpages on a semi-regular basis, if only for legal issues.

stop thinking of u2 as uber god like celebrities and think of them as people like you and i. then think about wether you would sneak a peek from time to time. you then have your answer.

Caroni said:

Well, there was this quote of Bono saying that plebans were scary

Which reminds me of another quote that I love:

The band themselves are apparently aware of the existence of [PLEBA]. When questioned, Bono described them as "scary girls", and while the PLEBAns are proud of this, it is doubtful whether or not they should be. It is speculated by some that the girls are so excited by the fact Bono is aware of their community that they are blind to the disapproving overtones of his comment.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's just like the sports starts who say they don't read the paper... bullcrap. of course they do. it's human nature. who here hasn't googled themselves? if there was a giant website(s) based on YOU, wouldn't you check it/them out from time to time? especially if you had no real job and had oodles and oodles of free time like the members of u2 do? of course you would... there's vanity in all of us.

you actually have a really good point there. I guess I'd like to think that with unlimited funds I could find something better to do with my time than I do now, but who knows. :shrug:
You might be right!

^^^Ya, it does make sense. For some reason I can see Edge and Larry checking this place out from time to time. Edge has his own blog on U2.com. so he may pop in from time to time.....
Bono is way too busy and Adam is way too ZEN like to care what people say! ( I mean that in a good way)

Caroni said:

Well, there was this quote of Bono saying that plebans were scary :tsk: he doesnt know what he is talking about

Well, he just might... I heard his daughters have visited PLEBA before, so I can just imagine what they told him. LOL. That, or he's seen a glimpse himself or other people have told him stories. Who knows?

PLEBA isn't as scary as it used to be :wink:

But in my imagination, Bono surfs PLEBA and gets an ego boost from the threads asserting that he has better moobs than Larry. And Larry probably reads EYKIW and gets pissed off at us :lol:

david said:
i think during the ATYCLB promo tour there was an interview with the band where they name checked interference. there was an mp3 of it somewhere.

I always post this and no one ever seems to care lol.

http://download.you .com/28915645725D1F4F

No.

It's possible they heard of the site and some people from the U2 organisation look at various U2 sites (closing down the lyrics section and guitar tabs) but I don't think anyone from the band posts on an internet forum. They've got better things to do with their time and they'd probably use U2.com to post anything (Larry's apology for the pre-sale mess anyone?).

Also, what Salome said.

Back
Top Bottom