Any comments on this rumour of U2's appearance at a V2002 festival?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hey!

I read at u2tours.com that U2 is rumoured to be appearing at V2002 festival (in Staffordshire and Chelmsford over 2 nights) this August. At last years gig, the likes of RHCP, Foo Fighters, Kylie Minogue and vice versa all appeared at the festival.

It just occurred to me that even if this rumour turns out to be true, it will be momentous cos it will be U2's first major appearance at a rock/pop festival since 1985, when they went to Werchter festival that year!!!!

So what this implies is that U2 will not have their own stage and that they will have a much harder time winning new fans than they would at their own gigs! Well, that shouldnt be a problem anyway!
biggrin.gif

Hmmm maybe U2 will probably be too big an act to play the festival and the festival would end up having too many U2 fans there too! I wont mind going though to see U2 AND other bands just to have a good time!

Anyway what do you think of it? Is it good for U2 to appear at a rock/pop festival or not? Personally I think its good....

And you know what? I have a nasty feeling that U2 would probably appear at Glastonbury this year as well!!! But that is gonna be held in June and their new European tour doesnt start till July so Im not sure about that! Itd be awesome if U2 appears at Glasto!

Regards

dougal

Back
Top Bottom