Anti-U2 & anti-Irish article in UK Daily Mail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
"It is hard to see why Mr Paul Hewson, a right-on citizen of a Republic that rejected the British crown and stormed out of the British empire, should even want to belong to the Order of the British Empire, let alone be a Knight Commander of it... for all his advice to others on how generous they need to be, Mr Dog Biscuit shows every sign of knowing how to look after Number One. WHile hectoring everyone else about how they must look after Africa, he has relocated business interests to Amsterdam, apparently because Ireland's kindly tax regime to "artists" isn't generous enough for him..."

Peter Hitchens, Daily Mail 24/12/2006

The paper continues to attempt to smear U2 by linking them to the IRA, saying that SBS was "a rallying call for the IRA", says that the God Friday agreement was "unpopular with both Republicans and Unionists" (errm, 98% yes Vote in the Republic, ca. 67% in the north???) and criticises U2 for relocating part of their business to Holland for tax reasons.

Right now I am too angry to even speak at this drivel. Perhaps someone else can take up that baton. BTW hundreds of thousands of so-called "Middle Englanders" buy this sewage every day.

I'm sure this was a well-thought-out deal for Bono, and he realized the implications of accepting or rejecting this honor. In the end I'm sure he figured that by accepting this honor it could only help him in his fight against poverty and AIDS in Africa, and that's probably the only reason he is accepting it.

I've always hated that damn journo :mad: i've read a few of his spewings&he's always horrid plus he has a face you want to punch too :madspit: :rant:

yertle-the-turtle said:
It's the Daily Mail.

The only good thing about it is it's part of a lyric of 'The Queen Is Dead'.

:up:

Everybody with a brain knows that the Daily Mail is a piece of shit :shrug: Even if they hadn't printed something negative on the whole Bono being knighted thing, somewhere else would've, I'm just glad it's a paper with such little credibility. I suppose it could've been the Sun :drool:

Everyone knows the Daily Mail is a bigoted right-wing excuse for paper. Sadly my grandparents still buy this paper, i try to ignore it when i see it at their house.

Axver said:
SBS a rallying call for the IRA? Oh wow. :lmao:

Yeah you really must be dim to believe that. You dont even need to be a u2 fan to know about u2 and sunday bloody sunday and what they stand for.

The daily mail... does anyone still read that?!

Things like this make me angry. People obviously don't know what they are talking about and feel the need to bash Bono. Happens all the time :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom