Anti album leak petition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
With all this new of the album being streamed on NME the 16th and even more talk about when the album is going to leak all over the internet, I think it's a good idea to start some kind of petition (but not really a petition, because no one can stop this from happening). What I mean is, if you are going to join me in not listening to HTDAAB when it leaks, just comment here! I think it is important for the integrity of the music, and our own personal experience to wait until the album is officially released and we can listen to it then with the majority of the world.

P.S. please don't let this threat turn into a discussion about listening oline vs. waiting for the cd or something like that. My aim here is to just have a sort of list of those of us who want to do this.

otherwise, have a great day, and um, rock on? yeah.

I am waiting now. Although I have COBL & ABOY from TOTP I have not listened to the OOTS of ABOY from the ipod thingy with apple.

I have not read the lyrics either. I will not listen to the leak. I want my CD and some headphones.

I have also been avoiding this place because it is a great source of temptation!!

I'm with you on this one!!
Even though I was at the taping of TOTP and will be in Dublin when they play live at HQ on the 16th, I want my limited edition box set in my hand on the 22nd a bottle of wine in the other and U2 at full blast!!:drool: :wink:

Im going to wait, its 100 times better if you hold out until you buy the cd, stick it in the cd player and blast it. Ive only heard Vertigo, and Im holding out for the whole cd before I listen to any more.

Its only three weeks away, I want to hold on until then, but if the album leaked, I dont think I could stay away.

iacrobat said:
I am waiting now. Although I have COBL & ABOY from TOTP I have not listened to the OOTS of ABOY from the ipod thingy with apple.

I have not read the lyrics either. I will not listen to the leak. I want my CD and some headphones.

I have also been avoiding this place because it is a great source of temptation!!

Same here. Have COBL and ABOY from TOTP, but I've yet to listen to the other songs. I haven't read the lyrics either.

It has been difficult though. :(

As much as I want to, I really am looking forward to having the night to myself to listen to the album, drink several bottles of wine and smell my Midsummer's Night candle burning....If I cracked, it would cheapen my experience.

I just pray for the strength!

Oh i wish i could wait until the 22 well 23rd for i am in Canada, but i fear i'm a weakling...and need my U2 fix early:evil:...so yeah has soon as MP3's become available little me will be downloading them ...then the 23rd i'll run to my fav music store and buy the album and listen to it over and over...hehe i love U2!!!
:dance:

All I can do is promise , I'll do my best not do hear it if it leaks, or only hear the album versions of LAPOE, ABOY and OOTS, and leave Miracle Drug and the rest for the 23rd but I don't know if im going to be able to stay clean

Ive just got into work, and the first thing ive seen, is a thread with LAPOE on it. I thought...YYEAAH! Then, no. Ive heard Vertigo, and ive heard a snippet of COBL, I aint gonna listen to no more til the 22nd. (Or maybe on 16/11 when if they perform on the Jo Whiley show on Radio one!)

Oh, stop whining... You're gonna buy it anyway!
I WANT A LEAK!!! :wink:

FairyFeller said:
Are we allowed to listen to Are You Gonna Wait Forever when it is leaked?

sure, you can listen to Are You Gonna Wait Forever....as long it is after Nov 8th when the single is releases. I actually don't think this track WILL leak until then anyway so listen away. Just try to hold of until the album is released. :)

I swear!!the album's leaked on winmx.com. If you type in HTDAAB you get a few songs off the album and the full album!!But it'll take ages to download as the site is pretty slow!!

Lil'Bono said:
I swear!!the album's leaked on winmx.com. If you type in HTDAAB you get a few songs off the album and the full album!!But it'll take ages to download as the site is pretty slow!!

which songs "are there"???

Okay, the U2 camp is doing a fantastic job of preparing for a leak, and preventing piracy in general. All of those HTDAAB labeled songs (Yaweh, COBL, etc... you can find pretty much any of them) are completely different songs. Some of them are Vertigo, some are Neon Lights, and some aren't U2 songs at all.

So no, there is no leak yet. The files on WinMX and other places are simply mislabeled. When the album does hit P2P networks, you won't be able to tell what's real. Quite a good idea :)

Love,peace or else, original of the species,vertigo,city of blinding lights,all because of you. The full album's there too!! i was looking just out of curiousity and it came up!! i was downloading it,but then my f**kin' conscience came into play and i just can't do it!!
I'm gonna wait til the album officially comes out!! Even though i won't get it til christmas!!:sad:

Lil'Bono said:
Love,peace or else, original of the species,vertigo,city of blinding lights,all because of you. The full album's there too!! i was looking just out of curiousity and it came up!! i was downloading it,but then my f**kin' conscience came into play and i just can't do it!!
I'm gonna wait til the album officially comes out!! Even though i won't get it til christmas!!:sad:

so just d/l and listen to a song which you know already from the clips (LPOE, COBL, ABOY...)

Trust me, I've downloaded 'em, they aren't the real thing. They are labeled as such, but they are actually entirely different songs. There are no leaks yet.

Back
Top Bottom