Another Zooropa Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another Zooropa Poll :happy:

• The Joshua Tree

Votes: 74 54.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 63 46.0%

• Total voters

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Don't worry, this is my last Zooropa poll.

Anyway, which album do you listen to more, Zooropa or The Joshua Tree?

Not, which is your favorite, which one is better, which one is more historical...

Which one gets more spins in your cd player or itunes or whatever?

XHendrix24 said:
The Joshua Tree's my favorite U2 album, but I've been listening to Zooropa more lately. Good album to go to sleep to.

Ok see, that;s what I'm getting at. If you listen to Zooropa more than The Joshua Tree, shouldn't that mean you like it more?

I've been struggling with this topic myself. I've always said my favorite album is Achtung Baby, but in all honesty, I listen to Pop more. So if I enjoy listening to Pop more, shouldn't that mean it's my favorite?

I think it should, thus, Pop is my new favorite U2 cd.

Zooropa. The only time I actually listen to JT songs is when they're on bootlegs, and that doesn't really count. The album versions of most JT songs can be sort of boring, whereas the album versions of most Zooropa songs are a pleasure to listen to.

Chizip said:

Ok see, that;s what I'm getting at. If you listen to Zooropa more than The Joshua Tree, shouldn't that mean you like it more?

I've been struggling with this topic myself. I've always said my favorite album is Achtung Baby, but in all honesty, I listen to Pop more. So if I enjoy listening to Pop more, shouldn't that mean it's my favorite?

I think it should, thus, Pop is my new favorite U2 cd.

good point, i tell myself JT is really good but I hardly ever listen to the studio versions of the songs :hmm:

the rockin edge said:

good point, i tell myself JT is really good but I hardly ever listen to the studio versions of the songs :hmm:

i agree, i used to say AB was my favorite, then The Joshua Tree was my second favorite, but I never really listen to the Joshua Tree.

Maybe it's time to move The Joshua Tree way down my list of favorites, because I certainly listen to Pop, AB, Zooropa, Rattle and Hum, and The Unforgettable Fire more than I listen to the Joshua Tree.

:hmm:

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:

Just because i don't listen to them that regularly anymore they are still some of my favorite songs of all time. I am just in a different phase musically.

Choosing Pop over AB :tsk: :sad:

redkat said:

Just because i don't listen to them that regularly anymore they are still some of my favorite songs of all time. I am just in a different phase musically.

Choosing Pop over AB :tsk: :sad:

If you listen to something more than the other, than that means you like it more, thus making it your favorite. I know it's scary to change something you once believed for so long, but it's time to step out into the light and admit your true feelings, I know you can do it.

Chizip said:

i agree, i used to say AB was my favorite, then The Joshua Tree was my second favorite, but I never really listen to the Joshua Tree.

Maybe it's time to move The Joshua Tree way down my list of favorites, because I certainly listen to Pop, AB, Zooropa, Rattle and Hum, and The Unforgettable Fire more than I listen to the Joshua Tree.

:hmm:

I have established that Pop & AB are my 2 fav albums (i go back and forth between them by the week :wink: )
but always considered JT as 3rd even though i don't listen to the album that much. although what redkat said is a good point :hmm:

Chizip said:

If you listen to something more than the other, than that means you like it more, thus making it your favorite.

it could be because your in a different musical mood at the moment, like you rate JT as a great album but you've heard it so many times you're in the mood for something new. that doesn't change the fact that the JT is great :shrug:

Chizip said:

If you listen to something more than the other, than that means you like it more, thus making it your favorite. I know it's scary to change something you once believed for so long, but it's time to step out into the light and admit your true feelings, I know you can do it.

I totally disagree with that logic. Lately, the only reason I have been listening to U2 is to record snippets for U2-Vertigo-Tour.com, and spent the rest of my listening time playing other bands. U2 is still far and away my favourite band. Just because I play something else doesn't mean it's my new favourite or that I consider it better; it's just what I feel like playing at that point in time.

Chizip said:

you're scaring me:crack:

and now me agreeing with axver :crazy:

you're all in denial

how long do have to "just want to listen to something new" until it becomes your new favorite.

i have preferred listening to Pop to the JT for a few years now. i think by now I can safely say it's past the joshua tree on my list.

just because you've believed something for a long time doesn't mean its necessarily true. i bet there are a ton of people here who have the JT as #1 or #2 on their lists but listen to other U2 albums a lot more.

i dare you all to look deep inside yourselves and challenge the status quo! change is good. i feel so enlightened.

Wait this poll was about zooropa vs. JT

then you said you like pop better than AB

I'm having trouble following you. Of course if you prefer to listen to something other than JT for years it probably has slid down your chart. That seems justified.

Wolf Parade has been played on my itunes 180 times in the passed couple weeks.. it's a new favorite but I dont know if it will stick around long term or not :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom