Another Speech by Paul Mcguinness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but groupies don't get paid. They're just there to provide free ... um ... services for the band.

So they should not have any economic impact to a band.

... unless the band should then need certain medical treatments thanks to said groupies.

I'll stop now. :wink:

Paul's the fifth member? Ok then. How about Lou Pearlman? The guy who actually CONTRACTED himself as a '6th member' to his artists...you may have heard of some of them; Backstreet Boys and NSync. He's now doing 20 yrs behind bars for fraud. But he started those groups...does that mean they owe him something? HELL NO.

Just because Paul helped get U2 started does not mean he is entitled to a job as their manager. Groups change managers all the time, and thrive. U2 does not need Paul. He needs them.

Wow.
We strayed waaaaaay off topic here.
This started out as Paul against downloading.
Actually more about Paul's crazy solution to downloading.

Paul is not Lou Pearlman.
They all get to vote and last I checked Paul wasn't ripping off U2.
In fact he has been with them for 30 years, so your analogy is way off the mark.

Besides, we don't get to vote on Paul. It's up to U2.
It's silly, ludicrous and arrogant for us to be telling U2 to fire Paul bc we disagreed with his opinion on downloading.

I know people get pretty fired up on these boards and all but crying for someone's head over something like this is absurd.

I don't know who you're addressing this too, but now you're accusing US of being greedy?

:lmao: OMG who are the ones complaining about PRICES???? And I'm saying that those who want to download music for FREE and are complaining that someone is standing up for the artists to make sure they get their righful payment, are the ones being greedy....follow?

We're trying to have a discussion here, and terms like "grow up" and "get over yourself" add NOTHING constructive to the conversation. You don't want to read this stuff? Stay out of the fucking thread then.

Well I'm sorry but it's about as constructive your statement to 'stay out of the fucking thread'....I'll go where I like, and I'll pack my violin if need be.

I suppose in your world, anyone who works hard for something can just go ahead and squeeze the market for all it's worth, and is some kind of hero for doing so? Do you think it's okay that oil companies are basking in record profits while the average joe has to pay more and more out of his pockets? I don't begrudge U2 the success that they've had, and I know very well what they (and Paul) had to do to get there. But it seems to me they are totally out of touch in terms of the value people place on things like concerts, and what many have to sacrifice to attend one of theirs.

If you'd bothered to read ANY of my posts you'd see that U2 have been the CHEAPEST concert I have been to, across the board for quite a few years, and I only buy the cheapest tickets available.....but I guess you're in a different world to me.....This has nothing to do with oil companies, and honestly I guess no one is thrilled about what's going on there except for the oil companies themselves. Hey cheese is $NZ16 a kg - up from $NZ9 two months ago, but that's not U2 so I guess that's ok.....:giggle:

Maybe you should start a thread in FYM if you want to argue what U2 charges for things.....:shrug:

I think this thread has run its course. Far too much bickering in here.

Sorry rose..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom