Another question for married/engaged people. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How bout the never get married forum?

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Geez people...create a nice optimistic atmosphere for the question, why don't ya!
wink.gif

Well I offered to move it.... you'd probly get diff responses in another forum but I dont know which one she wants it in.

Thanks, Sicy. I thought the replies were going to be a lot more violent. I guess it would be better suited to Lemonade Stand... but you're the expert.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Well I offered to move it.... you'd probly get diff responses in another forum but I dont know which one she wants it in.

*Looks at drooling smilie, hands Sicy a napkin*

*wonders why that drooling smilie was there in the first place*

Well hell, never been engaged or married, but here's one of the signs that I think shows you he/she is the ONE:

You're totally comfortable being yourself around them. ie, You're not constantly trying to do things just to impress them and make yourself look better (although occasionally that isn't bad
wink.gif
).

You do nice thoughtful things for them without consciously thinking of doing nice thoughtful things for them.

Granted, that's just a couple of many signs I'm sure, but hopefully it'll get the ball rolling here.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
How did you know when you had met the ONE? Was it always easy?

I had a couple of serious relationships, and a lot of not-so-serious relationships. One of my old boyfriends felt I was the ONE but I didn't feel that way about him. And I told him so but he wouldn't accept it. It was as though he was forcing the situation to be something it could never be. The breakup was plain and simple, as that man now has moved on to find his happiness with his ONE. Another relationship I was in... oh man, I thought for sure that he was the ONE. I thought it the second I met him. That swimmy feeling I'd get when he walked into a room toward me. But alas, he was not the ONE - some other woman was. Funny, I actually had to think about him when I haven't given him a thought in years. Anyway.

I met the ONE at a party when I least expected it. I originally planned to quickly stop by the party with friends, then go shake my thang at a club afterward. I never got a chance to shake my thang at that club I planned on going to - I ended up staying at the party because I met this really neat guy.
wink.gif

I don't know, there was something that just 'clicked' when we first met. On that first night after the party he came home with me (it wasn't like *that* get your mind out of the gutter
wink.gif
) and we stayed up to watch the sunrise. The next couple months were a whirlwind and 5 months and 2 days after we met, we married.

Now, this is going to sound really hokey and/or white trash but oh well. I already had a ring and all the bridal magazines and was beginning to start the plans for the big day. Then we realized, why fuss over all these frivolties? Let's just get married NOW! Why wait because the decision was already made? So we hopped in the car and drove to Vegas. We stopped by several hotels and finally found one that had a vacant room. Better we get some sleep before we change our lives. So we tucked ourselves into bed and I could feel the warmth of my sweet man's breath on my neck, his long arms around my waist, and I could feel he was content and he could feel I felt the same way. Just the way we were lying there, hours before we were to get married - I knew he was the ONE I wanted to fall asleep and wake up to every single day. I will never forget that day despite the marriage being untraditional (no it wasn't an Elvis wedding or a drive thru wedding, we got married at the county commissioner's office) I will never forget the way I felt in his arms. As corny as it sounds, I felt like I was him and he was me. Never before had I felt 'one' with someone. It just 'felt' right, it felt like it was the only thing in the world that mattered... being wrapped up in my future husband's arms and knowing that I've chosen to spend my waking and sleeping hours at my husband's side until the end of time.

So to make a long story even longer...

I can't really say when I 'knew' my husband was the ONE, as it's now something I can't imagine feeling without. *shrug* Maybe I felt it the night we met, but I honestly don't know. Maybe it happened the first time we said "I love you" to each other at the exact same time. Who really knows, and I guess all these years later it doesn't matter. But that moment in the hotel before we drifted to sleep... ahhh. It was that moment I knew that there was no doubt in my mind that we were the ONES for each other...

We're coming up on our 7th anniversary.
biggrin.gif

Well I dont look at that as a drooling smilie anymore.

I look at it like either a DOH! or a duhh or derrr.. it looks kinda derr-ish dont ya think?

Dont listen to me.

I guess it does look a little derrr-ish...sorta, kinda...
biggrin.gif

And thanks for sharing that awesome story, mistress. I have to agree that there's something about snuggling up against the person you love before drifting off to sleep that is just pure magic.
smile.gif

------------------
And I don't know why a man
Search for himself in his lover's eyes
No I don't know why a man
Sees the truth but needs the lies

My expert advice on this is that yes it is easy and you shouldn't have a scap of doubt etc. I honestly think ppl get love and life mixed up. Love should never be hard, all the external factors may be, but if its rocky or anything I dont see why people say its been tough but we will make it in the end and all of that. Personally, I met Mr harlem about 7 years ago, and we were friends for a bit but it just grew. Ive never had any doubts, and the relationship was never hard. Things in life may have been, buts smooth and feels exactly like this is how it should be. If you dont have that, there's no point in trying any harder.

Thats about all I can add to this. And I was only kidding aboiut the expert bit too
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom