Another Passengers and the 20th Anniversary Joshua Tree rerelease!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muldfeld

Refugee
Got this from atu2.com:
"Our friends at zootopia.de are reporting that U2 are working on two albums currently - one a collaborative effort similar to 1995's Passengers and the other a regular U2 release. According to a Q&A with Four5One's Steve Averill, artwork is being delivered next Tuesday (10/16) for The Joshua Tree re-release.

In related news, our friends at U2Valencia.com are reporting that The Joshua Tree's 20th Anniversary release is reporting that it won't be available until December 10, not November as previously thought. They have been able to confirm that the commemmorative edition will include the Paris Hippodrome concert from July 4, 1987. They also have confirmed it will include Outside It's America, the documentary directed by Barry Devlin and originally broadcasted on MTV. (thanks DM)"

I can't find the original news outlining the releases, but if anyone knows German, they can head over to zootopia.de. I seem to recall a few versions:

A single disc remaster
A deluxe edition with 2 CDS
A third limited edition with 2 CDs and DVD of the 1987 Paris concert and booklet.

Here was the setlist from that 1987 show in Paris:
July 4, 1987 at The Hippodrome
Stand By Me
C'Mon Everybody
I Will Follow
Trip Through Your Wires
I Still Haven't Found What I’m Looking For
MLK
The Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Exit
In God's Country
Electric Co.
Help
Bad
October
New Year's Day
Pride
Encores:
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
With or Without You
Party Girl

Here's a youtube link to an awesome performance of The Unforgettalbe Fire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5NqogOMwI

This is gonna be so cool! Hopefully they don't do what they did with the latest Hits' Milan show and only put half the setlist. I also would like the vinyl cover not the awful CD cover!

I'm also very excited by the possibility of another experimental album in Passengers form, though I hope the songs are much better than last time and this adverturousness bleeds over into the next U2 record. I really hope they pull it off creatively.

This has all been posted before...

The theory stands, due to a reported running time and rights issues that the covers will more than likely be removed, but that's it...

edurban said:

European cd releases are a day earlier than North America.

Also, regarding the bonus cd that will include the Joshua Tree singles b-sides, there's strong rumors that several Joshua Tree out takes including the ones that were part of the digital downloads such as "Beautiful Ghost" and the never released studio cut of "Womanfish" will also round out that 2nd cd.

T.B.

Wow, I hope this is all true. I think a Passengers kind of project is what U2 needs right now to get their creativity going and try to think outside the box once again. And this 20th Anniversary for JT sounds very good. It would be quite a treat. I hope they do the same with AB in the future. Awesome news! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom