Another New Video for OOTS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
i love how people here are disappointed with the new video yet everyone in pleba is drooling over it cause there is more bono :hyper:

I'm guessing that's the target audience of the new video :wink: I would think the average person would be bored just watching Bono's face for nearly five minutes (leading me to believe that they wouldn't air this video on MTV or VH1), but crazed female fans (i.e.: me) rather enjoy watching Bono's face always.

I don't think this video is nearly as good as the first one, but it's got good eye candy :wink: the overlappingness gets a little excessive, but I think it's actually somewhat interesting - I don't know what it's trying to imply but I wonder if it may have something to do with Bono's multiple personalities. In some shots for example there is a Bono with shades and a Bono without shades - Bono the rock star and Paul Hewson the husband and father.

Additionally, that little turn of the head right after "some people got way too much confidence baby" totally reminds me of Macphisto :drool:

Chizip said:
i love how people here are disappointed with the new video yet everyone in pleba is drooling over it cause there is more bono :hyper:

Well, it's like the One video...the Berlin one is superior conceptually and artistically, I know that, but I can't help but drool uncontrollably at the One in the bar video. :drool:

Same thing here...the first one is far superior...and dreamy Bono eyes in the second, although I think the One in the bar is better than the BonoBonoBono OOTS.

Chizip said:

What else do you expect? :|

Y2K said:

LOVE, in big bold letters for half a second.

Yeah, it actually looks like it was choppily edited. Almost like it was intended to be AB-style, but on the screen for a little too long. Kinda weird.

I don't think this video's terrible...:shrug:...it's just not incredibly original or inspiring or anything. I actually think the blending images is pretty cool. I thought the first one looked more beautiful, but that the whole artificial intelligence theme was pretty lame...I liked it more when I thought the cgi girl was just a cgi girl instead of some android that wants to be human...:huh:

Chizzers, if you read the thread in PLEBA, you will see that out of those who have stated an obvious preference one way or the other, the OLD version is beating the new one 20 to 5. :D Out of those five who prefer the new version, the reasons are b/c they only care about Bono, or are afraid of the plastic head.

Last edited:
Hmmm...it's the same thing basically with more CGI heads floating around. I love the original though. This version was unnecessary. :|

I also pick the original, b/c I like the wire thingy that turns into the baby and mother at the beginning. However, I do like the new one b/c there's more cool footage of pregnant Lucy. The plastic head kinda freaks me out b/c it reminds me of this show I was obsessed with when I was little, Small Wonders, about a robot girl who has feelings.

Does anyone else think both ones lose their rhythm by having the short clips with the other band members? I feel like the whole concept would be better as "all or nothing". You've got images of Bono and Bono singing, like he's narrating the whole concept, and then all these cohesive images of babies/motherhood/innocence/pregnancy, and then....a few seconds of the band looking off in a random direction or just looking tired. I don't think it's fair to have JUST Bono, but at the same time, it kinda kills the momentum for me at the end.

Wow, my eyes hurt from watching that um "video". As much as I love Bono I was pretty damn bored watching this video.

I really enjoyed the original version...so different for a U2 video.

I wonder if either version will ever make it to a Much Music countdown? (Maybe they do air it but I have never seen it all.... :(

Bleh, how extremely boring. It was pretty exciting to see the other members make cameos, though. :drool: :wink:

I'm glad the other video is the one still making the rounds, instead of this new version.

Link for the video :)

hxxp://s9.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XRNF96LP376R08LG4LXB1LUM1

Pop Artist said:

Well, it's like the One video...the Berlin one is superior conceptually and artistically, I know that, but I can't help but drool uncontrollably at the One in the bar video. :drool:

Same thing here...the first one is far superior...and dreamy Bono eyes in the second, although I think the One in the bar is better than the BonoBonoBono OOTS.

Dont be Stupid

the Buffalo Version of ONE is possibly the best video ever made, mainly because it was and still is unlike anything Rock Band ever made, they took a chance, any artist can make a video sitting in a bar

Sorry it doesnt have Bono;'s dreamy face in it

Last edited:
no need to call anyone stupid, and by the way there are plenty of videos better than the the Buffalo Version of ONE.

xaviMF22 said:
no need to call anyone stupid, and by the way there are plenty of videos better than the the Buffalo Version of ONE.

Dont be Stupid

I didnt call anyone stupid

you need to improve your comprehension of the english language

Michael... :madwife:

BE-HA-VE! :angry:

And I like the first video better too ,even though OMGthereslikemoreBonoonthenewone!!!!!111

the Buffalo Version of ONE is possibly the best video ever made, mainly because it was and still is unlike anything Rock Band ever made, they took a chance, any artist can make a video sitting in a bar

I agree. The buffalo version is U2's best video, it captures the feeling of the song, more than the other 2 versions, unlike the bar version that I find useless and too simple and static.
I can say that the bufallo version is a video that has already make me cry because of its intensity with the song in the background. Simply perfect

Back
Top Bottom