Another album soon?? Songs of Ascent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono said it in this month's Rolling Stone. :hyper:
He also said Every Breaking Wave is probably the first single. :hyper::hyper::hyper:
The whole of Interference does not hold enough :Hyper: smilies to express my excitement. But I'll try.
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

EDIT: Wow, they're hyping a new album three days after their most recent one released? This has to be a land-speed record for any band, ever. Also...wouldn't this technically make WTAHAN the SOA board?

Personally, I'm hoping for a November release. U2 likes releasing stuff in November, and I've always found that their music goes well with that month...:drool::drool::drool:
Also, that gives us just enough time for beach clips, single anticipation, and, inevitably, Leak Week Pt. 2! :hyper::D:rockon:

November release... maybe they can work a song or two into the U.S. leg of the tour, and then play the shit out of the new album on the third leg and beyond?

Personally, I'm hoping for a November release. U2 likes releasing stuff in November, and I've always found that their music goes well with that month...:drool::drool::drool:
Also, that gives us just enough time for beach clips, single anticipation, and, inevitably, Leak Week Pt. 2! :hyper::D:rockon:

more like tour soundchecks of them rehearsing new songs. :hyper:

It's all good. I have summarised my opinions in the proposed map of the album thread.

I Was Lost sounds like it was an early version of Unknown Caller.

Finally someone else onside about Tripoli!!! I have been having arguements for days about it.

Good observation, Dan. Unknown Caller was the only album song title that wasn't listed there (Stand Up Comedy still being referred to as "For Your Love").

November release... maybe they can work a song or two into the U.S. leg of the tour, and then play the shit out of the new album on the third leg and beyond?
YES. :up:
Since Bono's on tour, the live versions will probably be this album's "beach clips." Assuming the album releases in November, here's how I'm guessing things will go down.

ONE MONTH INTO THE TOUR: First SOA song played (probably EBW.)
FOLLOWING WEEKS: More SOA songs are gradually worked into the setlist. Two or three at the most.
SEPTEMBER: The album's release date, along with the date of EBW's radio/iTunes release, is announced.
MID-SEPTEMBER: EBW is released to radio and iTunes.
ONE DAY LATER: Interference officially declares that the new single sucks.
:wink:
LATE SEPTEMBER: Cover art and final track listing announced.
OCTOBER: LEAK WEEK PT. 2!!!!11!!1 :D:hyper::drool::lol::applaud:
EARLY NOVEMBER: The album is officially released.
THREE DAYS LATER: U2 unofficially announces the next album, with "Moon Mercy (S Edit)" as the lead single.

This is just my best guess, of course. What do you think?

YES. :up:
Since Bono's on tour, the live versions will probably be this album's "beach clips." Assuming the album releases in November, here's how I'm guessing things will go down.

ONE MONTH INTO THE TOUR: First SOA song played (probably EBW.)
FOLLOWING WEEKS: More SOA songs are gradually worked into the setlist. Two or three at the most.
SEPTEMBER: The album's release date, along with the date of EBW's radio/iTunes release, is announced.
MID-SEPTEMBER: EBW is released to radio and iTunes.
ONE DAY LATER: Interference officially declares that the new single sucks.
:wink:
LATE SEPTEMBER: Cover art and final track listing announced.
OCTOBER: LEAK WEEK PT. 2!!!!11!!1 :D:hyper::drool::lol::applaud:
EARLY NOVEMBER: The album is officially released.
THREE DAYS LATER: U2 unofficially announces the next album, with "Moon Mercy (S Edit)" as the lead single.

This is just my best guess, of course. What do you think?

I fail to see how any of these observations could possibly be wrong

I'm just going to throw this out there....

Songs of Ascent cover will include some sort of pic of a mountain peak with the sky and clouds somewhere in the background.

you heard it here first.

Songs of Ascent cover will include some sort of pic of a mountain peak with the sky and clouds somewhere in the background.

you heard it here first.

And it's going to be in black and white. Obviously.

(Seriously, though, since this album is a "companion piece" to NLOTH and that had a pretty literal cover, I can see this happening.)

you heard it here first.

But I read it somewhere else? :wink:

you heard it here first.

either that, or they will steal jag's avatar and have the 'black version; of the NLOTH cover

If they go this route then I hope they go full color as opposed to B&W.

I like the irony of having the more 'colorful' album (NLOTH) having the B&W cover and the 'darker', more B&W-feeling album (SOA) having the color cover.

Nephos 1 is my vote for cover of songs of ascent.

With the band sitting on a bench, edge looking hardcore, bono looking photoshopped placed right in the middle

They should just re-use the NLOTH cover, but in psychedelic PopMart-like colors, with Paul McGuinness's head seen bobbing along the surface of the water.

holyland087%20Ascent%20of%20the%20Lower%20Range%20of%20Sinai%201839.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom