Angie are you ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anna please tell me youre alright
Im very worried

Everyone else please say some prayers that the fires in NEw South Wales, Australia stop today. 3000 firemen have spent Xmas fighting raging fires.
I spent my Christmas Day in fear our suburb was going to be next on the list and today is going to be just as bad. The sky is filled with smoke and its frightening to be living along a valley of bush, where fires are burning just over the ridge.The wind is terribly high and I found black leaves amongst our Christmas presents. Some families have lost their homes.

Angie's suburb was on fire last night as was poptart pamela's.
Angie and Pamela, please tell us youre ok.Im very worried.

Those are awful news Amanda. I'll pray for them, I hope this nightmare has an end soon.

Here in Brasil a terrible disaster has happened this Christmas too, in Rio de Janeiro, not the city, but the State. Three days of torrential rain has caused great damages in the countryside, the mountain area. 42 people died until now, many more missing due to landslide. It's too bad.

Wow, that really sucks.
frown.gif

Good luck to y'all. I'm sure everyone will be safe...

Wow...I heard about this but didn't realize it was that serious. I hope everyone in that area is ok.

And I'm sorry to hear about Brazil too
frown.gif

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-25-2001).]

Stupid friggin' fires. It will be a rough few days if the weather stays this way.
* Loves living in an area surrounded by bush that was burnt out 7 years ago...
Luckily the National Park I live on is ok at the moment, but Angie, Pamela and Manda hope everything is ok (and stays ok) for you.
And I hope no stupid dick kids think it will be fun to start a few fires like in '94.

This is awful! Everyone there will be in my prayers. Hope everyone will be safe and the fire will be put out soon...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Yeah we seem ok at present Pamela. I live in Menai and the infamous Barnes Crescent is one street away.
I just heard on the tv that Loftus and Heathcote are burning which are only 2 suburbs away.

Here's hoping Angie just isn't online and everything is ok.

Man what awful news, and on Christmas even.

I hope everyone is ok. Angelina lets us know you are ok girl!

frown.gif

* says prayers

best wishes, we have that sorta thing in my provine though not close to where i live. good luck amanda.

------------------
-death bear

My prayers are with my southern friends during this time...I am happy you guys are safe and Angie, please be ok!!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

I saw TV footage of the fires in Australia last night - they said there were as many as 60 fires going around.

I hope everyone is ok.

Well there's atleast 100 now and they think the National Park which is very close to me is going to go up tonight.
Going to be a long night I think.

Thank God for the firies...

Blah... this makes me remember the Oakland fires we had here in California a few years ago.

I hope they can put out the fires soon.

Manda, I'm safe. Thankyou for thinking of me. And Pamela, thanks again. I didn't quite realise how bad it was for Menai yesterday when I posted. We're ok, the fire we had here was prolly about 1km away, so we aren't in any danger. Its Silverdale and The Northern Rd we are most concerned about.
Really, I cant say how I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers. I lost my father in law yesterday morning, this coupled with Christmas and the fires is really almost too much.

Follower, please drop by every now and then to let us know you're doing ok. We are all thinking of you and your friends and family. Words on a screen seem so futile when you try and express what you feel, I really hope your people find an end to their own disaster.

Please take care, and thanks again everyone.

Thanks Angela, don?t worry, I?m far away from Rio but things are really bad there, now there are 45 dead people and more than 2.000 lost their home, it?s a calamity. We?re starting to collect food, clothes and blankets here in my State to send to Rio. The worse thing is that always the poorest are the ones who suffer more, because they tend to live where it?s cheaper and that is in shantytowns located in the slopes of the hills, so when it rains really hard everything goes down kickly because of the landslides.

But I?m glad to know that you?re okay. Lets hope and pray for all of this to have and end soon.

Awww, I'm so ashamed!! I sooooo don't know what is happening in the world. I haven't watched TV or anything for ages!!!

Happy to hear you guys are OK!
smile.gif

i hope all you sydneysiders are ok. Its about time melbourne gave you some of its weather.

if i know australians they'd all be pulling together to help each other out. I have some friends who are volunteer firefighters who drove 8 hours to help out. You can replace bricks and mortar but you can't replace people, so keep safe everyone!

I heard that they think most of the worst ones were lit by arsonists! Can anyone believe that? I hope they catch them.

good to hear that all you guys are doing alright
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
i hope all you sydneysiders are ok. Its about time melbourne gave you some of its weather.

if i know australians they'd all be pulling together to help each other out. I have some friends who are volunteer firefighters who drove 8 hours to help out. You can replace bricks and mortar but you can't replace people, so keep safe everyone!

I heard that they think most of the worst ones were lit by arsonists! Can anyone believe that? I hope they catch them.

They did indeed catch 3 of them zoom. But guess what? The little fuckers are only 15 so they get to go home to their mummies tonight.

There is something so wrong with justice in this world.

mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom