And you guys are supposed to be hard core U2 fans??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salim117

The Fly
I know alot of you are going to think it's no big deal and I don't mean to preach but....................

All of you who downloaded the album SUCK!! You guys waited four fu@&'n years and you couldn't wait 16 more days! Come on! This little excuse that everybody is using "I'm gonna buy the cd anyways" is as lame as the horseshi%# on the bottom of your shoes! It's like stealing from your best friend and leaving an I.O.U.! It doesn't make it right. This is our band and this is how we treat them? I bet you right now that the band members are as pissed-off and bumbed out as can be. You guys are perpetuating a wrongfull act. Anybody who doesn't think this won't hurt album sales is kidding themselfs. At least I hope you guys/gals who are "going to buy the album anyways" have the decency to take the songs out of your share folders. There are alot of kids who aren't necessarily U2 fans who might want to buy HTDAAB after hearing Vertigo but will be persuaded otherwise if they can downloaded now.
Don't you all feel like you saw all your christmas presents weeks before christmas?

I don't know, maybe I'm over reacting but I'll wait till 9 AM on November the 23 to open my gift.

Salim

Last edited:
1.Mods, move this to the appropriate thread

2.It was going to be streamed by NME on the 16th, and they had to have permission for that. U2 was going to let it be heard a full week before the release anyway.

you are amusing. i never said i'd buy the album. ha!

but yes, of course U2 needs our money

The only thing lame on this thread is your bleating.

Of course I'm downloading the fucking album. Who the fuck do you think you are telling me what constitutes a good U2 fan?

For your information, I bought my first U2 album, Boy, with my 11 year-old hard earned paper route money, *EDITED TO BE NICE LOL*

And I will listen to it. And then I will go out and buy every commercially available version, including the one I have to order from overseas to get the bonus track on.

Here is a realistic piece of logic you may not have counted on: INTERFERENCERS ARE 99% HARD CORE U2 FANS THAT WILL BUY THIS ALBUM WHETHER THEY DOWNLOAD IT FIRST OR NOT, GOOD ALBUM OR BAD. They will STILL buy it, because they are hard core fans.

If anyone feels that the album will be more magical for them if they wait, fine. MY magic begins every time I pop in any of U2s CDs...official, bootlegged, live, whatever..

Last edited:
salim117 said:
I know alot of you are going to think it's no big deal and I don't mean to preach but....................

All of you who downloaded the album SUCK!! You guys waited four fu@&'n years and you couldn't wait 16 more days! Come on! This little excuse that everybody is using "I'm gonna buy the cd anyways" is as lame as the horseshi%# on the bottom of your shoes! It's like stealing from your best friend and leaving an I.O.U.! It doesn't make it right. This is our band and this is how we treat them? I bet you right now that the band members are as pissed-off and bumbed out as can be. You guys are perpetuating a wrongfull act. Anybody who doesn't think this won't hurt album sales is kidding themselfs. At least I hope you guys/gals who are "going to buy the album anyways" have the decency to take the songs out of your share folders. There are alot of kids who aren't necessarily U2 fans who might want to buy HTDAAB after hearing Vertigo but will be persuaded otherwise if they can downloaded now.
Don't you all feel like you saw all your christmas presents weeks before christmas?

I don't know, maybe I'm over reacting but I'll wait till 9 AM on November the 23 to open my gift.

Salim

Who are you to judge? I only downloaded two songs but I have no problem with people downloading the new album, because the excitement and enthusiasm is so much to take at this point..people who would download the album without buying would have done that anyway no matter what happened.

Get off your high horse!

The album has been played in its entirety on at least one radio station too. Between that and NME streaming it, Face it, its out there. I understand your feelings but it was planned on being "out there" before the release...

SkeeK said:
you are amusing. i never said i'd buy the album. ha!

but yes, of course U2 needs our money

Don't remember refering to you personally.

Yes, we are the hard core fans. We're the ones who have all the albums, who've bought the best-ofs even though we already owned 95% of the material they had, the ones who buy the ridiculously expensive singles, the ones who go to the shows (some lucky ones go to multiple shows and travel quite a few miles to do it), we're the ones who buy the t-shirts, we're the ones who, in the words of Bono "have probably given the band about £500 pounds each by now". Some have probably given more.

None of us, as far as I know, was responsible for leaking the album. That it would leak was inevitable, and U2 aren't as naive as not to expect it. Practically all of us will buy it.

So I will have my Christmas present now and then again in a few weeks, thank you very much. And no, I don't feel bad about it. How can I fell bad when i have such a great album to listen to? :wink:

I hope the people that are starting these threads are also posting in the forums/sites where the people that have not spent fortunes on this band are.:shrug:

Yes, I'm sure most here who downloaded it will buy it. Point is, the more of us who have it, the greater the chance that the songs will circulate around to people who might have bought it but won't now. And I too have all their albums, lots of singles, and gone to many shows but I don't think that entitles me to anything.
But I could be wrong.
Always pleased to amuse.

Ok and the difference between listening to the stream on the 16th and doing this is what? Oh that's right a few days.

Of course we are all buying the album. And the boxset. And in my case, the ipod. Oh...yeah and about half of us on this forum drive and fly all over the freaking place to see them in multiple concerts.

I think by now they've gotten our 500 pounds....and then some.

If I was in a band and there wasn't a rapid desire by people to get their hands on a new album....well I'd be worried...

saltwaterkiss26 said:
:scratch:

I missed the part where what we do with the leak is your business.

Didn't say it was. I did feel like expresing my views; whether or not you agree is a different issue.

Everyone's U2 fandom is a very personal thing - and I don't know that it's fair to attack another person or group of persons fandom because they are so excited they can't wait to hear the album ... so much so that they download it, even though they are going to buy it in a few weeks.

Downloading is a very contentious issue - and we all have opinions. But let's try and be nice even if we can't all agree here. The only thing we all DO agree on is loving U2 - and whether some of us download the album early or some of us don't, it's still not a reason to attack anyone.

gabrielvox said:

Here is a realistic piece of logic you may not have counted on: INTERFERENCERS ARE 99% HARD CORE U2 FANS THAT WILL BUY THIS ALBUM WHETHER THEY DOWNLOAD IT FIRST OR NOT, GOOD ALBUM OR BAD. They will STILL buy it, because they are hard core fans.

If anyone feels that the album will be more magical for them if they wait, fine. MY magic begins every time I pop in any of U2s CDs...official, bootlegged, live, whatever..

starsgoblue said:
Ok and the difference between listening to the stream on the 16th and doing this is what? Oh that's right a few days.

Of course we are all buying the album. And the boxset. And in my case, the ipod. Oh...yeah and about half of us on this forum drive and fly all over the freaking place to see them in multiple concerts.

I think by now they've gotten our 500 pounds....and then some.

If I was in a band and there wasn't a rapid desire by people to get their hands on a new album....well I'd be worried...

Yes on the buying thing.No on the 'rapid desire'. Rapid desire by us the fans , not necessarily by the rest. I think I should have been less abrasive in my post cause the language pissed everyone of. The point is album sales will suffer because the casual listner might not buy the album if they can download it for free now. Then again, I realize that this could happen anyways after the 23rd so what do I know.

salim117 said:

Salim

:wave: i'm buying the damned thing on the 23rd anyway so who the hell cares if i listen to the tracks before then? :wave:

U2 music isn't about everyone doing the right thing all of the time or everyone agreeing, it is about respecting the fact that not everyone does the right thing and that not everyone agrees. Don't say that we're not good U2 fans because we are listening to our favorite band as soon as we can. Last time I checked, dates weren't as important as music. Sorry Mr. Virtues.
:madspit:

Matthew_Page2000 said:
What I'm worried about is how will Bono and Edge feed their families now that the album is on the Internet early. :sad:

LOL! I think you know that is not the point of the original post, but still hilarious...

I'm so fucking sick and tired of those of you who think that you're better than those of us who have downloaded the album. It's fine if you don't agree with downloading, I accept that. BUT WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU GET OFF TELLING US THAT BECAUSE WE'VE DOWNLOADED IT, WE AREN'T HARDCORE FANS? I have every fucking album, every DVD, and some singles. EACH OF WHICH I BOUGHT LEGALLY. That's not going to change, just because I downloaded this album! Tomorrow, I'm heading out to buy the Vertigo singles. And on November 23, I'm going to buy the box set. Additionally, you can bet your arse that I'm going to have tickets to two OR MORE of their concerts for the upcoming tour.

And somehow, I'm not a hardcore fan? Do the world a favour and take the carrot out of your rear!

:mad:

Matthew_Page2000 said:
What I'm worried about is how will Bono and Edge feed their families now that the album is on the Internet early. :sad:

Brilliant. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom