And yet another zoo question.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
This one is about a doc of zoo era , people I would like to know what is , and if you guys have , a mtv documentary where , I only could see a bit of it which features :

Edge wearing black outfit , and a cap with a red star on it , he talks with the MTV guy , which is weaking a black jacket , black shirt and using a earring , edge shows him his pedal control gear , plays a bit of Still Haven't found (He's with his Sunburst Stratocaster ) , talks 'bout some effects like , compressor , and then if I'm not wrong he talks about Fly , shows him that he also plays some keyboards with his , which Edge ends by saying "Yeah it's a very complicated song" .

Then cuts to words of zootv , and the sound of fly live in the background . then Edge , the MTV guy and adam seated in a conversation , the guy tells them that most of the songs played in ZOOTV are from the most recent album , " that maybe there's only one song from the unforgettable fire " then Edge says " it wasn't planned this , just when we were putting the Set together the older songs didn't seem to belong " , then Adam who's wearing his ZOOTV cap starts to talk in the background , about ZOOTV , while more live Zootv images are being showed , Bono playing guitar in the Fly , Real Thing , Bono and Edge perfoming One , and Adam saying something like "we are really trying to challenge the audience" .

Then we see Bono saying that "we got a smart audience and they are ready for the ride." then we see again the MTV interviewer and Edge while he says " what ZOOTV does is explore the differences between information and reality " then more Zoo Fly images ....

So people light me up , thanks for anything.

I actually have this some where taped (VHS). This was an excellent pre-tour special although I think they included some footage from the first few North American shows. I watched this tape non-stop for a couple of months (until I actually went to see them). The tape must be somewhere at my perants house. It does exist and the next time I visit my perants I must see if I still have it.

tommycharles said:
Only one UF track? Edge knows his setlists almost as well as Bono does :p

What do you mean? That's exactly how Zoo TV started out. Pride was the oldest song they played. They added SBS and NYD later on in the tour...

tommycharles said:
Only one UF track? Edge knows his setlists almost as well as Bono does :p

Pride was the only constant UF track. Bad was added later and then removed on the last leg of the tour, I believe.

but people what is the name of this doc , where can i find it full ?

I don't think it had a name, it was more of a promotional film that was used across different countries.

In the UK for example, it was used in 3 parts on a breakfast show called TVAM, and made to look like it was a TVAM exclusive, infact the footage was probably released by U2 or the record company and used by various TV outlets.

Haven't seen it in years - but it was very exciting, the first real glimpse of what Zoo TV was.

namkcuR said:

Pride was the only constant UF track. Bad was added later and then removed on the last leg of the tour, I believe.

Well, I wasnt going to post as I'm on hiatus. But I knew the answer for the most part to this thread.

Bad was played at every single Zoo show on the first and second leg. It wasnt added later. It was dropped at most shows for the Outside Broadcast IF Sunday Bloody Sunday was done. They did both songs at the 2nd DC 92 show, but that was unusual. Bad was done for most of the Zooropa tour also, with Sunday being a substitute sometimes.

As for the thread itself. The clips were from a new Alternative rock video show (the name of the show escapes me at the moment). Sort of the equivelant to the HeadBangers Ball deal they had, except it was Alternative rock instead. The show didnt last long obviously. Between videos they played the interview and showed clips from a show. It was shot during the LA stint of the first leg of Zoo.

and I'm back out. :wave:

J_NP said:
Do you guys if its on u2torrents ?

the show was called "120 minutes". the interviewers name was dave kendall, here is some info.

April 19, 1992
Source for this playlist: Mike W.
Host: Dave Kendall
Guest: The Edge and Adam Clayton of U2

The Pixies – Head On
Smashing Pumpkins – Siva
Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy – Television the Drug of a Nation
Talking Heads – Once in a Lifetime
Fatima Mansions - Blues for Ceausescu
The Sugarcubes – Hit
Nitzer Ebb – Godhead
Black 47 – 40 Shades of Blue