And where are the days, when they looked for something other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:
They are long past their 'daring days' imo, so I'll just enjoy very much whatever they give us now. I can always go back to the 'different days' by listening/watching ZooTV and Popmart. Or indeed, Passengers.

those "different day" is all what is U2 about.

don't hold me for that...i will always adimre and respect U2 as that was theyr artisic and creative peak.

don't wanna be grudgy or something. but HTDAAB is....that's.....that's NOT U2...no matter how good the record is. :(

Whatever folks U2 have never reinvented anything all they have done now and in the past is borrowed from things that they may have been influenced by at the time and make it unique by going into the studio with a attitude of that they have to make the best record yet and in general even if they dont make "the best" record, the records still turn out to be amazing.

U2 sound different only because of the work they put into the albums not due to reinventing anything that hasnt been done before in some shape or form.

Take a closer look at the 90s material and what really was the most recognizable songs on each of those records, they were all quite conventional and there was no distorted effects added.

Achtung Baby - One
Zooropa - Stay
POP - Please

Now I love the 90s material and that is when I really got into what U2 was doing but to say that U2 wearnt doing what would be seen to some on here as conventional with the most liked songs is an outright lie.

Achtung Baby - One
Zooropa - Stay
POP - Please

???

Well maybe....but while One has a complete chord progression, "Stay" is based on one master-piece riff.

"Please" is too gloomy to be besides One and Stay, I'd say that "Staring At The Sun" or "If God Will Send His Angels" could replace it.

And both Staring at the sun and If God Will Send His Angels could have been made in the 80s by U2.

Really about half of POP was very conventional but people chose to block it out for the sake of arguement against the last 2 albums.

80's U2 is not conventional at all, it's not like anythingelse of that time it's only become familiar over time

Tell me what the differerence is between sounding different from others with HTDAAB and ATYCLB as compaired to Unforgettable Fire or Joshua Tree? People have become jaded and nastalgic for the one or two records that they love, but U2 is sounding as different today as they ever did.

The reason you are hearing more U2 ripoffs today is because those bands grew up idolizing U2 so it is to be expected that we will be hearing more stuff that sounds like U2 over the next 10 years.

OCKAY People:
2 masterpieces-JT and AB no other and shush!
(neutral, i'm not yealling shut up)

ATYCLB is just commercial stuff, worse than HTDAAB, but better than October which has Gloria for song, no other.

Days of looking for something other are DEFINITELY GONE, and they are up with the sun.

Just saw Discoteque video-PURE PERFECTION.
Pop is great album. Best if would have been finished. Passengers are shit except Miss Sarajevo. HMTMKMKM should have been on Zooropa instead of Daddy or some days.

Pop is better than October much much and much.

Boy is even better than October
Rattle and Hum is even Better than October.
ATYCLB is even better than October

Not that October is The real thing

neutral said:

This response is not appropriate here and I think you know that. Please don't attack people or their posts. If you think someone's posts are "shit" you can always put them on ignore.

:cute:

Sicy said:

I dont think it will be very cute when members start losing their posting priviledges.

First, I think its not a good idea to try and come off as a badass on the internet, it looks pretty pathetic.

Its a bit odd I get the attention of two mods, when blatant double accounts that spam the forum are routinely ignored.

Oh well... ;)

Sleep Over Jack said:

First, I think its not a good idea to try and come off as a badass on the internet, it looks pretty pathetic.

Its a bit odd I get the attention of two mods, when blatant double accounts that spam the forum are routinely ignored.

Oh well... ;)
I assume that you're just bored and are trying to get beaten with a stick by mods?

It's not nice or necessary to call people's posts shit. If you want shit, go to http://www.pooinabox.com

No, its just I get sick of the blatant trolling and that nothing much is done to prevent it, and yet I get two mods breathing down my neck!:eyebrow:

Sleep Over Jack said:

Oh well... ;)

Are you personally attacking an Admin? That is just cause for immediate banishment. I am not trying to be a badass. I dont like to see the mods ridiculed when they are just trying to do their job. The mods jobs are hard enough as it is without having to take crap when they are just trying to do what they are supposed to, which they do for FREE on their own spare time.

You repeatedly laugh at peoples posts, curse at them, and call them names. All that is against the rules. It's very simple, obey the rules and no one will bug you. Break them constantly and you wont be able to post here. This is a personally owned site.

And if you see spam on the forum report it. We cant be everywhere all the time.

Sicy said:

Are you personally attacking an Admin? That is just cause for immediate banishment. I am not trying to be a badass. I dont like to see the mods ridiculed when they are just trying to do their job. The mods jobs are hard enough as it is without having to take crap when they are just trying to do what they are supposed to, which they do for FREE on their own spare time.

You repeatedly laugh at peoples posts, curse at them, and call them names. All that is against the rules. It's very simple, obey the rules and no one will bug you. Break them constantly and you wont be able to post here. This is a personally owned site.

And if you see spam on the forum report it. We cant be everywhere all the time.

I am not personally attacking an admin, but I would appreciate some courtesy rather than a curt "watch it or you're banned!!" post.

I tend to mock the posts of obvious double-accounts, not regular users..you may see it differently but that is my method.

Anyway, this is done with and I don't have any personal issues with the moderating team..this is all rather silly IMO.

Sleep Over Jack said:

:blahblah:

Double account!?! WHAT DOUBLE ACCOUNT?!? What is that?!?

:coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo:

Ahh...come on man! It's ok to have a small penis! Really! :sexywink:

It's Technique that matters!

Sleep Over Jack said:

I tend to mock the posts of obvious double-accounts, not regular users..you may see it differently but that is my method.

There he goes again...you see?!? He's completley insane! :coocoo:

Who do you think I am?

Back
Top Bottom