And where are the days, when they looked for something other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
XHendrix24 said:
Alright. Has anyone even heard the Franz Ferdinand album? It's the most overrated CD of the year, in my opinion. I don't get why there's so much fuss over it.

Yep...I bought the album a few weeks ago because of all the fuss. I listened to it probably 10x times while studying..ect, and all I can say is I'm extremely dissapointed. There are maybe 3-4 good songs on the album, but it's pretty lame for the most part for all they hype. At the same point I bought The Killers album and that I can say has grown on me much much more. A few songs are cheezy and sound too 80's, but it's got more solid songs than Franz Ferdinand(AKA, the FAD of 2004)

MrBrau1 said:
I pity people who can't simply enjoy good songs. Always looking for an angle or agenda to hang onto. U2 spent 10 years in outer space. They pushed their music as far as it would go in that realm. Now they're older, wiser, and better. They're writing song records now. Which is very different than the post-punk/new wave days of Boy-War, or the ethereal/roots rock of UF-RH, or the complete mind fuck AB-Pop. ATYCLB/HTDAAB represent the band playing off their strengths. And the resluts are proof that U2 rank w/ anyone in term of songcraft or breadth of sound. One more of these "song based" records and their career will be complete: 4 trilogies, 4 distinct periods. 1 band.

:up: Best post on this thread.

:applaud:

:bow:

:up: MrBrau1

Though, only one more record and their career is complete? :yikes: Let's hope there's more to do for U2 than that.

And what about 5th trilogy? I don't think they're too old to end their careers with the next album...

No one is ever too old to make music.
Of course, it would be ridiculous to keep making Elevations and Vertigos when being 60, but hey, we all want a change of their sound, don't we? :wink: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom