And the Most Embarrassing Moment in U2 History is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Their Attempt at Playing Staring at the Sun in Las Vegas during PopMart :lmao:

Popmart Oslo, when they where trapped in the Lemon

THIS IS Spinal Tap. amazing that movie was done long before. If you watch it, you could think they are mocking U2, but this is before rattle and hum even!!! This leads to an interesting question (were u2 aware of that movie while making rattle and hum?)

U2Man said:

Thinking about that performance makes me feel ill. :no:

Rattle & Hum.
Specifically preening cliche cowboy 'American' Bono.

Last edited:
this shirt...

makepovertyhistory056.jpg

american flag inside - during elevation tour... idiot-Bono!

@canadiens
Rattle and Hum is the best thing connected to U2 in anyway. The best music-picture of all time!!!

other emberassing moments:
- Bonos speech during RTSS (Vertigo DVD)
- Bush + Bono - Pics
- Blair + Bono - Pics...

nobodys perfect - Bono is still my hero.

U2Man said:

Discotheque from the same gig was even bigger embarrasment when Edge didn't know how to turn on his guitar for half of the song (just try to imagine Discotheque without the leading riff!) and Bono forgot to sing some parts. :wink:

I have to agree with Salome: U2.com is THE worst website for a band of any reasonable size that I have seen.

Close second: The Edge's mustache during PopMart. He needs the full goatee. I hated that mustache.

coach said:
Popmart Oslo, when they where trapped in the Lemon

THIS IS Spinal Tap. amazing that movie was done long before. If you watch it, you could think they are mocking U2, but this is before rattle and hum even!!! This leads to an interesting question (were u2 aware of that movie while making rattle and hum?)

:lmao:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this shirt...

makepovertyhistory056.jpg
Man you don't even need to photoshop someone's wang poking Bono in the face, the shirt does it all in one :eyebrow:

Wow, lots of good choices here already. I have to agree that U2.com is a hideous site and the band should be embarassed to be associated with it.

Also, so many moments from Pop - Edge's moustache being right at the top, along with most of the hideous outfits they all wore... Adam's face mask, the awful 70's suits, Bono's mohawk.... I could go on for days.

Oh, and i happen to LOVE that pink shirt! Anytime Bono puts on something other than his usual black on black ensemble, i'm a happy camper!

I love that pink shirt too :drool: i loved Edge's POP moustache too actually&it was one of my fav Edge looks!

Canadiens1160 said:
Man you don't even need to photoshop someone's wang poking Bono in the face, the shirt does it all in one :eyebrow:

:lmao:

notice how all the guys think that shirt is gay, but the girls are all "ooo i love that shirt!!!"

well I think it takes some attitude to pull off a pink shirt but Bono's got it

plus he's just hot anyway

most embarassing U2 moment... um... does the mullet count as a "moment"? cause... :yikes:

the whole ticket fiasco was a bit of an embarassing "moment" too. at least Larry apologized.

Pink shirts look good on Bono. He pulls off the look quite well :up:

Though that's not one of my favourite pink shirts :eyebrow: The design is weird, as is the shade.

He looks much better in frilly, HOT pink shirts :drool:

Observe:

bonopink2.jpg

Re: Re: Re: And the Most Embarrassing Moment in U2 History is...

LyricalDrug said:

That was my first U2 concert -- PopMart Vegas. Ugh!

You poor thing. :wink: Although, to be honest, I would have loved to see a PopMart show. Shitty performance or not.

I don't like Bono's pink shirts at all. Red shirts look good on him, just not pink.

Honestly, I think the Las Vegas SATS is much better than any acoustic SATS. That's how much I dislike acoustic SATS.

U2s fans are their biggest embarasment but also their biggest strengh as well.....they love to complain but in the end they come around and support the band for a very long time....much like star wars geeks or trekies:)

Axver said:
Honestly, I think the Las Vegas SATS is much better than any acoustic SATS. That's how much I dislike acoustic SATS.
I agree. I like more the electric version played ate Las Vegas than the acoustic version. I don't understand why they dropped it. It doesn't sound bad, and it doesn't seem hard to play, comparing to other songs they have played...

I don't understand how anyone can hate the acoustic SATS so much. It's one of the best acoustic conversions they've ever done. At least when it's Bono and Edge playing guitar together. The solo Edge guitar doesn't sound too hot I'll admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom