And the Most Embarrassing Moment in U2 History is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One with Mary J Blige, the original studio version is in my opinion the most perfect song ever done. Mary J Blige destryod it and made it sound like an ordinarie mainstream pop soul song.

I had the priviledge to witness the whole Lemon incident in Oslo, let me tell you this is by far the most embarrasing moment of their career :wink:

Maybe not embarrasing, if more stupid; but that awful All Along The Watchtower version on Rattle&Hum deserves a mentions as well

Lancemc said:
I don't understand how anyone can hate the acoustic SATS so much. It's one of the best acoustic conversions they've ever done. At least when it's Bono and Edge playing guitar together. The solo Edge guitar doesn't sound too hot I'll admit.

I think the acoustic version is 10x better then the electric...

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Ahem:

bonodancexs6.gif

This is the sole reason why, when I see that man pick up a tambourine, I go: "Oh no. That means he's gonna dance. :|"

Oh Bono :no:

vaz02 said:

Just shows Bono is a down to earth type of guy

:up: I do love how his face is sort of saying 'now i don't think anyone quite saw that..'

Despite all these completely mockable moments, I've gotta give Bono props for putting himself out there and exposing himself to mockery, in a way that not many other performers would. :up:

U2girl said:
I agree he overreacted and he probably thought the guy was talking on the phone (btw didn't he also apologise later?).

It's none of Bono's business if the guy wants to talk on his phone. Let the huy waste his money. He's not hurting anyone.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Ahem:

bonodancexs6.gif

This is the sole reason why, when I see that man pick up a tambourine, I go: "Oh no. That means he's gonna dance. :|"

Bono needed a little more cowbell.

All the cowbell in the world couldn't have rescued him from that embarassing moment! :ohmy: He does so many strange/uncool things that I can easily see why so many people think he "sucks". I, on the other hand, like the band because they do so many uncool things, and don't try to fulfill the cliches of rock (unless they're being ironic). They make it cool to be uncool.

Irvine511 said:

and yet ... it was poignant to some 300-odd million grieving people who appreciated the gesture.

I know! WTF's up with that? Clearly, those 300-odd million people weren't aware of how U2 had been on a downward spiral since a year prior, and that creating a tribute to the 9/11 victims was just embarrassing. Idiots.

ponkine said:
U2 at Super Bowl

Their biggest and worst Cliché ever

Feb3_FlagU2BonoJacketSuperBowl.jpg

If Bono did this now, it would be horrible.

But doing it at the first Super Bowl (with, of all teams, the Patriots playing) after 9/11 came across as noble. You may hate it, but U2 gained a ton of fans because of that incident (and a lot of press).

Anyway, the most embarrassing to me, besides fans, are some of Bono's speeches. Either he's preaching, his ego is showing or he's over-glamorizing. I love when he introduces someone, but when it's about U2 (like at the Grammy's or in concert), he says a lot of cringe-worthy statements.

doctorwho said:

If Bono did this now, it would be horrible.

But doing it at the first Super Bowl (with, of all teams, the Patriots playing) after 9/11 came across as noble. You may hate it, but U2 gained a ton of fans because of that incident (and a lot of press).

Anyway, the most embarrassing to me, besides fans, are some of Bono's speeches. Either he's preaching, his ego is showing or he's over-glamorizing. I love when he introduces someone, but when it's about U2 (like at the Grammy's or in concert), he says a lot of cringe-worthy statements.

Ah yes, the Grammys. This past year, everytime he opened his mouth I was embarassed for him. Whether he was drunk, tired or just arrogant, i don't think Bono won over any new fans that night. I cringed everytime he went for the mic. And after making an ass out of himself all night, when he accepted the award for album of the year, he came across ungrateful by saying, "we lost one for Achtung Baby and we lost one for All That You Can't Leave Behind". I just wanted to yell at him to shut up and just say "Thank You!" Of course I still love him.

2morrow said:
I, on the other hand, like the band because they do so many uncool things, and don't try to fulfill the cliches of rock (unless they're being ironic). They make it cool to be uncool.

Nicely put. :up: That's what I was trying to say, but you said it better.

ponkine said:
U2 at Super Bowl

Their biggest and worst Cliché ever

Feb3_FlagU2BonoJacketSuperBowl.jpg

The day your country gets hit with a big attack and Bono does this your gonna feel like a complete ASS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Justin24 said:

The day your country gets hit with a big attack and Bono does this your gonna feel like a complete ASS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

That day won't come because in Chile we will never let our president nor government to plan attacks to his own contry and then demand the world to join him for his invented "war against terror" and support his crimes against humanity ...

Time for the truth: 11th September 2001 attacks were planned by the own US government. I don't mind if you believe me or not. Time will let the whole truth, like what happened with Vietnam war, another US agenda hidden by the "attacks" story. Now everyone knows that Vietnam NEVER attacked USA. Even in 1962 JF Kennedy admited that "Vietnam never attacked us". Neverthless your country killed 4 million innocent people in revenge for an attack that never happened.

Is that "freedom" you want to impose the world?.

I will never feel like "complete ASS" because I live in a country who don't kill other nations, don't create "wars against terror" to steal oil and make more and more money, don't play God, don't impose other countries an economic system and way of life. I live in a country that let the other countries live!, no matter color of skin, religion, economic system, etc. I can go to ANY country in the world if I want to, unlike US, where people can't go to Cuba, for example.

Is that "freedom"?.

Wide Awake

ponkine said:

That day won't come because in Chile we will never let our president nor government to plan attacks to his own contry and then demand the world to join him for his invented "war against terror" and support his crimes against humanity ...

Time for the truth: 11th September 2001 attacks were planned by the own US government. I don't mind if you believe me or not. Time will let the whole truth, like what happened with Vietnam war, another US agenda hidden by the "attacks" story. Now everyone knows that Vietnam NEVER attacked USA. Even in 1962 JF Kennedy admited that "Vietnam never attacked us". Neverthless your country killed 4 million innocent people in revenge for an attack that never happened.

Is that "freedom" you want to impose the world?.

I will never feel like "complete ASS" because I live in a country who don't kill other nations, don't create "wars against terror" to steal oil and make more and more money, don't play God, don't impose other countries an economic system and way of life. I live in a country that let the other countries live!, no matter color of skin, religion, economic system, etc. I can go to ANY country in the world if I want to, unlike US, where people can't go to Cuba, for example.

Is that "freedom"?.

Wide Awake
Holy shit loose change motherfucker! Whose alternate are you? You're fucking hilarious :lol:
Seriously, responding to ponkine's comments is like when they tell women that laughing at a flasher is the best course of action.
It's just fucking funny man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom