.and ATYCLB didnt even have one!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
.....right, well Im talking about a U2 'lurve' song

they hardly do them!

frown.gif

ok maybe some u sussed some, I have no idea, but I can only think of as a real dance-with-your-partner-really-slow-arms-round-each-others-necks-but-not-in-strangling-position are:

All I Want Is You
With Or Without You
If You Wear

and

Love Is Blindness.....

Im sure u know those certain type love songs I mean.........hopefully next album will have trois crooners or even une...................
smile.gif

I agree Maddie. That was one of the first things I noticed about that album.

Sula- In A Little While is a bit fast for a slow dance. lol

You're right maddie. My fiance,(who doesn't really listen to them, only knows the songs everyone else knows)was thinking we should have "One" as our first dance at our wedding. I'm like, "..uh,it's not a love song." and he's like well, pick a love song from them and we'll use it and I'm like, "They don't really have any love songs!!!"

I mean, we could dance to AIWIY but I can't really have Edge's solo blaring away(plus you can't really dance to that part) and I wouldn't want that part cut out. *fume*

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Bono has always said he doesn't like to write soppy mushy love songs and they make him gag you know.
wink.gif

Hmm.. funny ideas here:

Wild Honey
Heartland (not really a love song but..)
Grace

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

It might be fairly obscure, but i think Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)is an awesome, damn near traditional, love song that one can slow dance to. Walk to the Water would work if you dont mind the little rapping at the beginning. But, Luminous is probably the most traditional love song U2 has ever written.

U2loopy: Hmm...I always thought "One" was a love song. A very universal one at that. Just think of the lyrics, "We get to carry each other, carry each other"

That sounds like love to me.
wink.gif

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Just thought of a few more -- Angel of Harlem, and Stay.
biggrin.gif
Stay probably isn't a love song in the truest sense, I suppose, but..

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 02-26-2002).]

Originally posted by ONElife:
It might be fairly obscure, but i think Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)is an awesome, damn near traditional, love song that one can slow dance to. But, Luminous is probably the most traditional love song U2 has ever written.

I agree. I get goosebumps listening to this song every time.

yea yes I can see where some mentioned are love songs but ones like Ground Beneath and Heartland to me are 'making lurve' songies...........
smile.gif
yes - thats right, I did just say that
biggrin.gif
ok doing the above 'movie' style.....or the music in a movie to making love scenes.

It just seems WOWY would be the only song that can be played to a floorful of teenagers etc all in a soppy lurve mood.....................

smile.gif

Originally posted by tackleberry:
U2loopy: Hmm...I always thought "One" was a love song. A very universal one at that. Just think of the lyrics, "We get to carry each other, carry each other"

That sounds like love to me.
wink.gif

I guess it's a matter of opinon. I always thought it was about a love breaking down:

"Will it make it easier on you now
if you've got someone to blame"

"One love, we get to share it
It leaves you baby, if you don't care for it"

"Did I dissapoint you? or leave a bad taste in your mouth? You act like you never had love, and you want me to go without"

That's just what I got from it.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

"Love is temple, love the higher law
You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl
And I can't keep holding on to what you got
When all you got is hurt."

Yeah, that sounds like love to me.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Roland of Gilead (edited 02-27-2002).]

Originally posted by u2loopy:
I guess it's a matter of opinon. I always thought it was about a love breaking down:

Yeah.. I have to agree. That's how I always think of One being.

------------------

Originally posted by u2loopy:
I mean, we could dance to AIWIY but I can't really have Edge's solo blaring away

i know! it's like this perfect song to dance to and then the guitar comes in and it's like AHHHHH!!!

ehh...anyway, yeah i like luminous times, too. and i always thought one was about breaking up or whatevah like everyone else has said.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom