??? (Anastacia and totally OT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

If you've read my Dutch chart reports the last months you've probably seen my mentions of Anastacia. Her debut album Not That Kind went to #1 after more than a year, her new album Freak Of Nature also went to #1 and stayed there for some weeks. In short, she's big here in the Netherlands. And in Europe, as her album is also selling well in other countries.
I just read the Ask Billboard column on Billboard.com and somebody was asking about Anastacia in the US. It appears that her second album hasn't been released yet in the States (and her first album came out only months after the European release). This can all happen in the music industry. But I was most surprised by this statement:

In the U.S., "Not That Kind" has sold 84,000 copies in the U.S., according to SoundScan. It peaked at No. 168 on The Billboard 200, and spent a month on the chart.

eek.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif

I mean, even more people bought the record here in the Netherlands (I believe it is 3x platinum with 240,000 copies sold)! And we are only the size of a stamp! That the album is doing relatively less in the USA is no big deal, that can always happen. But that even less copies are sold than in the Netherlands, that is truly remarkable.

Just wondering...

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Back
Top Bottom