An UN-JUST, UNCARING God?????? (related to what happened yesterday...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by zoomerang II:

Are we again seeing the abuse of God's name, actions in the name of God, as the root cause of all evil? How do we get around this - is it wrong to publically undertake any human action in "the name of" God?

While each religion may worship a slightly different (or completely different) God, it is my belief that this God is ultimately one in the same. One can change the name, meaning and symbolism, but God will remain who He is.

And in all cases, I fully believe that God is nothing more than love. That sounds simple and perhaps even childish. But this is my true belief - a love that is so powerful that we humans can never comprehend it.

So why allow pain, torture, tragedy and suffering? Because through these events we begin to understand this love. As horrible as the tragedies in NYC and DC are, look at the outpouring of love from around the world we are receiving. Never has the civilized world been this close. This is where God truly is, not in the acts of terrorism.

To do something "in the name of God" requires just as much logic as anything else. If God is about love, do you really think God would want the destruction of lives? Clearly those terrorists were confused. They thought they were acting in God's name, but they had rejected God many years ago.

If you wish to do something "in the name of God," then THINK if God would truly support this action. Would this truly better humanity? And how else could you serve God?

Some mock/torture/kill others simply because of their sexual orientation. They then claim that God says to do so as it is in the Bible. Those are not God's words and one is not serving God by hurting another. One is only serving one's self. I feel that selfishness is our biggest sin - every sin leads from our own person greed. You cheat on a test to get a better grade - that is personal greed. You cheat on your partner - that is self-serving lust. You lie on tax returns - that is selfish greed. You insult/lie about others to put yourself forward - the pinnacle of selfish power. If we can overcome our own selfishness, then we can start to see what God wants.

As Melon wrote, it is impossible to know what God truly wants. However, I don't think God "allows" sadness on earth - rather, we humans create it out of our selfishness.

Originally posted by melon:
Actually, to start disagreeing with 80s
wink.gif
, "Allah" is the Judeo-Christian God. Melon
I guess I will rephrase my answer then. Yes, historically, they are the same God. Islam even started from the same story. Abraham and Sara thought Sara was too old to get pregnant (even though God had promised he would give them a son), so Abraham went against God's wishes and impregnated Hagar. She gave birth to Ishmael, and then Sara DID get pregnant and gave birth to Isaac. According to the Jews, the birthright and "holy" line descended through Isaac, but according to Muslims, it was through "Ishmael". In fact, there is an account of the beginning of the Ishmael line in Genesis 25: 12-18.
In that aspect, yes, they started as the same God - historically. But in spirit and nature, they are very different, and that's what I took into consideration when I said they are different.

Originally posted by STU234:
Ya'know it pisses me off, senseless shit like this happens (of course you know what i'm talking about).....WHY? the world sucks ....i've never found great love in life (right now struggling in school, just life really, can't make sense of it all), i've always "trugged" though it, always had the attitude "i'm here because i have to be here", and when tragic shit like this happens it just adds to it.... in short, there just seems to be really no point to life, God is just playing a big fucking joke on us all ...don't get me wrong, believe it or not i've always believed, never been a religious nut but never-the-less, i've always been a believer (i guess i just harbor alot of anger, even to a God that supposedly is always so 'just' & 'fair')
......why must all this happen?!?!????????
(some may reply sin, but God created man w/ sin, we were born w/ it, is it fair?, doesn't seem so.... just imagine, really its like a Teacher starting their students out with a 'F')

It has been a very sad couple on days. No words for the poor people that lost their lives for no reason at all and all the familes. . . its just, well...very sad
frown.gif

God gave us free will.A choice.Some just choose to harm others which I can't understand but I have just refound my faith and am not giving it up even when shit like this happens.If anything it just means we need it more.

I'm a big beliver, and I'll never say that god is cruel or whatever, we are responsible for what we're doing, and at the end death is not the end, it's the beggining.
One other thing! All of the time, all over the world terrible things are happening, a lot of the much worse than this tragedy on tuesday (please don't bomb me now I'm gisguisted with what happened), i turkey 150000 people died in a earthquake, there are wars all over the world, in Africa Huts killed 1,000,000 people in a day a few yrs ago... chechnia, bosnia, kosovo, macedonia, south america, africa, India/pakistan/kashmir...
But people never think that god is cruel if theese things don't happen to them, and now all of the US thinks that it's armagedon coming, it's the end of the world... no it's not, you just have to be strong, and I have no doubt that you will. And about WW3... well it's up to Bush, he can start it, i pray to God that he has some wisdom in him 'couse it's just what thees animals want him to do, they don't fear death, they have completely diffrent filosofy and aproach to life than you and me

Back
Top Bottom